Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,239 Posts
Well blow me down.....

Mozilla wrote a new version for Linux, had a slight bug in it though, I installed as an update, and nada.... nothing worked. pick a bookmark, and just a blank page..... nothing would work.

so, uninstalled it, and installed as a new fresh install.

wallah!

that fixed it.... as yes, a lot of the old add ons won't work anymore, but they have a help file explaining why, and that they are working hard to make everything work again.... they just wnated to get it out as fast as they could, and let the users point out what is not working....

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Just to be clear John the Linux version was always there and the bug you mention would be with the Mint installer.

·
Administrator
59,239 Posts
Just to be clear John the Linux version was always there and the bug you mention would be with the Mint installer.

Nope!

it has NOT always been there.
I only install software from the Linux Mint software resource.

It only showed up for me today, after I got back home from my weekend holiday trip to visit my aunt..... while there, I was using my Verizon MiFi router, and that uses up my data plan.... I never download stuff or watch videos while away from home.

I tried once to install a Linux package that was not in the Linux Mint package and it crashed my computer.... will never do that again.

If Linux Mint does not list a package, I will not touch it.

·
Magic Moderator
4,523 Posts
I have the Opera browser running on W7. I like it and it works well.

·
Administrator
59,239 Posts
yeah, the older versions of Firefox sure did have a penchant for crashing, but at least they always restarted and kept the same tabs open to the right websites.

aggravating as hell...

so far, with very little experience with 57, I can't remember if it has crashed or not... been on vacation with very poor Internet access.

back home now though.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.