Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

New owner of 95 1500 SE (traded vtx). Want to use mp3 thru console. Is this possible? Have an aux connectthat was used for radar detectand power connector for battery charger, etc. but without a wiring schem. (which I couldn't read anyway) no way to determine where to connect mp3. Is there another outlet/hookup under left or right fairing pockets? Haven't seen direct answer in mp3 search in this forum. Which, by the way, is apretty good one.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the board. I believe someone posted a mod for plugging mp3 into the gl1500, can't find it now. One of the gl1500 owners should be able to help you later.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

I used a wired FM modulator for my iPod and it works very well it also charges the iPod at the same time.

Terry

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

I agree with T.Hambley. The FM modulator is the way to go. You can now buy 4GB MP3 players which plug into your cigarette lighter socket with touch screen displays. You then pre-select a FM frequency on the modulator and all that is required next is the bike radio to be tuned into the same frequency. Advantages are: No wiring, removable for security, when riding in a small group all can tune in to your music due to the transmitting range being about 100 yards. Hope that helps. :)

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Great info, almost too much for my weak mind. The FM modulator scheme seems to be the fav, easiest and best sound for the money. I have a nephew who owns a high end sound system install business and I am going to talk to him about the direct connect to radio that I saw as the last option on Rudy's site (thanks rudy good algorythm) for an mp3 connection.
I know this is the wrong forum BUT while I am writing with other things to get done, who knows were to get the pics of the US states that can be colored in for those traveled to?

As a new owner of a 1500 wing (traded my VTX), I am sure I will be back to this site many times. Next I will find a conversation about which might be the most durable yet inexpensive cup holder to use. One gets whats they pay for. onawing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.