Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Greetings, previously I located a link for a detailed modification to place an 1/8 jack for mp3 input in the face of a panasonic type 3 stereo. (GL1200) I lost that link when my hard drive failed and cannot seem to locate any reference. I recall that the author had photos of the board and of the face (where to drill the jack, one cut on the pc board) and I believe he lives in the south east USA. Any chance anyone has seen this????

Thanks / John

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I found that mod about 4 times so far - nah different stereo - But thanks

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

-sorry should have mentioned--- cassette is failing and goes into flipping side to side for minutes then will stop and play nice for an hour then back to flipping......tried cleaning to no avail....... looking to eliminate its use and just plug in...

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

Belt change on the cassette drive system is a fairly straightforward switch. Someone had a posting on this site I think.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

I use one of these and it has worked great
http://cgi.ebay.com/IPod-FM-transmitter-Belkin-MINT_W0QQitemZ280355563449QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item41467e67b9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A2|294%3A50

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
imported post

John, I am familar with the GL1200 aux jack information you are looking for. I am pretty sure it was written up by Bob Anderson (Oregonwinger). I remember reading it and was thinking about doing the mod to my 85 LTD, but I have since sold it and got an 1800.

I checked Bob's site at http://webpages.charter.net/catmek/andysjoint.htmlbut can only find the instructions for the 1500 radio, not the 1200 (they could be there, though, and I just missed them). You might want to pm or email Bob and see if he still has the 1200 pages.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.