Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i ride a gl1200. i am going to remove the after market radio,cassette player. i want to install a mp3 player using the factory type 200 wattspeakers mounted in the dash. iwill install a 200 wattamplifierwith a port for the mp3 . do any of you have history of working with the mp3 ? this is my first time working with this so i am not positive i have a system that will work as i think it will, any advise will be appreciated. regards walkabout :)

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

Is the aftermarket radio/cassette in the dash, or in the fairing? If in the dash, you can use a newer radio unit that incorporates mp3 on SD.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

MP3 players are just that a player. It would plug into the amp and you can use the mp3 player's volume and EQ. Now you do have to be able to load it with songs. You do know how to do that don't you? Other than that since we don't really know the make/model of the amp it's hard to say if the mp3 player has enough output to drive the amp. If the amp specifically says "mp3 player input" then I would guess that you are good to go.

What specifically were you wanting to know?

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

Oh one other thing. You mention the "factory 200 watt speakers". Sorry the GL1200 had about 15 watt speakers at the most. Probably closer to 2 to 3 watts. Do you mean you are replacing them with 200 watt after market speakers?

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

my 1200 interstate only has an amplifier hidden in the fairing connected to 100 watts speakers, a rca to 8mm plug is wired to the handlebars where i have an ipod mount. 3 or 4 years been riding like this.you could wire an extra lighter charger for your ipod so it never runs out of juice.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

my goal on this was to eliminate the radio/cassette player, it is mounted in the dash. this would also do away with the tapes. cassette and disc players live in harsh conditions and live a short life. i have cds to load my comp. then into the mp3. the amplifier i am looking at has a port for the mp3. i will go to higher watt speakers also. william 86 thank you very much, it seems you are running a system very much like i have in mind, when i get this installed i will post the results. this should be very simple, reliable and very modest in cost. thanks to every one. walkabout :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.