Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,

I have a 93 GL1500 and want to try and use my personal MP3 player with the existing oem stereo. The cassette deck does not work so the cassette hookup is not an option. I cannot find any option plugs on the bike and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can hook this up.

Keith

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I've seen an FM adapter used on a GL1500 that the tape deck was broken. Can't remember what it was called but it adapted into the antenna and assigned to a radio channel.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I heard about them and I am going to try a local electronics store in my area for one.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
imported post

If it's an iPod, Belkin makes an adapter to use with your stereo. There are a number of solutions: www.ipodlounge.com is a good place to check, even if you do not own an ipod.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

Kmart sell a wireless adapter to be used on an unused FM station for ~$20. Works OK, but it also uses batteries. Can't find it on the web just now but I think it was called an FM transmitter...

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

First of all, welcome to the forum kmille! :waving:

Walmart sells an FM transmitter made by Belkin for $20.00. Works petty well. There are four frequencies you can set it for; 88.1, 88.3, 88.5 or 88.7 (FM). If there are a lot of radio stations in your area at or around these frequencies you will get some interference from time to time. I like mine but there aren't very many radio stations out here!

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

My interstate is just a little too bouncy on the roads around here, and it shows up on my older C.D. player. This modulator and an Ipod may be just the ticket. Thanks for the link and the idea..... :clapper: :gunhead:

You got Manna...

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey kmille :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.