Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking for a mp3 player or Ipod that works with the gl1800 can anyone suggest one. I am looking for one that you can download or record music from various sources.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

I thought they all worked with the 1800? Just connect them to the pin in the left pocket and press the AUX button.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wingone60 wrote:
I am looking for a mp3 player or Ipod that works with the gl1800 can anyone suggest one. I am looking for one that you can download or record music from various sources.
Hey wingone60, :waving:Your very welcome to the forumand visit often. :clapper:MP3 is the way to go and costs a lot less money than the CD player in the trunk that everyone is complaining about. :whip: This is where whats her name bought the MP3 for the :18red:and it works a gem. :weightlifter:Have a look at this and it should help you out. http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/index.php

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

At the rate I'm going I hope they come out with a hearing aid disguised as an Ipod.

:crying::crying:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I use a Sony NetMD Walkman. It's a mini-cd player/recorder. Uses a small disk that holds up to 5 hours of music. Runs on a single AA battery for up to 56 hours. Sounds great and has never skipped, even when I dropped it! The disks are re-recordable and cheap. I just plug mine into the tape player with an adapter, but if you have an auxiliary plug in your stereo it would be better. I'm very impressed with the quality of sound and durability of it.

There is a new model out that can record up to 50 hours (I think) on a single disk.

Bob

I put MP-3 files on mine but I think it also will use WMA file types and maybe some others as well.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
imported post

one thing to watch out for isn't the player itself, its the method of transfering the files onto it.

I know many people who received ipods for xmas, only to find that their pcs couldn't use them as they're only compatable with Xp.

Best bet is an MP3 player with a removable storage card which you can use on any card reader for any pc.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

I bought 20 Gb Ipod about year ago. I have tried earlier minicd mp3 player and minidisc. I love the idea that I allways have all my music with me and no need to change cd's or discs. I think this is the same with all mp3 hard disc players. The installation is easy to gl18's aux. The player can play with one load about 8 hours, but I connected it also to cigarette lighter for long trips. I also use iPod in car with iTrip, which transfers music from iPod to car radio with fm-transfer.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

gillbates wrote:
I bought 20 Gb Ipod about year ago. I have tried earlier minicd mp3 player and minidisc. I love the idea that I allways have all my music with me and no need to change cd's or discs. I think this is the same with all mp3 hard disc players. The installation is easy to gl18's aux. The player can play with one load about 8 hours, but I connected it also to cigarette lighter for long trips. I also use iPod in car with iTrip, which transfers music from iPod to car radio with fm-transfer.
Can you tell us how you do this please?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

If you haven't bougth an mp3 yet, think about its ease of use. For example, can it be simply turned on and off without looking at the mp3 - just by feeling the buttons. most of them have small buttons and fiddling with it can cause distraction and the possibility of an accident. Also, if you get one that just runs on AAA (AA would be better), the battery won't last long - especially if you forget to turn it off. I suggest you find one that you can put on random play and that it has simple to reach on/off buttons. It would be even better if it has a DC plug so that you can plug it to the accessory port in the left pocket. However, even though plugged to the DC outlet, most have to be turned on every time - so ease of use is very important. If you keep it in the pocket, you won't have to worry about rain or it falling off the bike. Oh, and take your headset with you so that you can use it off the bike.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

gillbates wrote:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/index.php

You can set up the frequence you want, the best freq is clear one with no radio stations near it. This needs no battery, it gets needed power from iPod. There are other similar devices, but these needs AAA battery => no good. The other devices works also with other players (mp3, cd....)
I like it, very neat. You could probably keep the IPod in your pocket when riding.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

yellowwing wrote:
I like it, very neat. You could probably keep the IPod in your pocket when riding.
Mightn't work in your pocket Eric, but lots of waterproof MC jackets have a clear plastic pouch on one of the sleeves and the ipod will fit and work from there. A good spot might be velcroed to the dash top just behind the windshield (in a clear plastic bag first). Good protection from the rain there.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

Whatever model you chose I would definitely get one with a remote control. I have had one for years and I just mount the controller on the handlebars where I can see it. Sometimes you just don't feel like listening to certain songs and its nice to be able to skip that song easily.

That's my 2 cents

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.