Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Since finding sounds on cassette is becoming difficult, just wondering what is the best way to use an mp3 to put tunes into the system.
an mp3 that hooks into an adapter that slides into the current cassette slot would work but is there a better way?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

Do the mod, it is not that hard and it works great

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

You can use a Clarion or Audiovox FM Modulator.

There are 2 Types

1. Wired

2.Wireless

The wired plugs into your bikes antenna cable

You hook them up to power and they have a switch for off and on,and you just plug the cord of it into your headphone jack on your MP3.

I used to use the cassette adapter but this is better and i use the wired in kind and find no noise or interference from it.

Search this site for topics on them or search on the web

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

The FM Modulator works very well for me also.I use it for my GPS with MP3 and it was easy to install. I used this site for easy instructions.

Mp3 Player

I got the FM Modulator from Best Buy.

PS. I went cross country and it never experienced any interference.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

I got a wireless FM modulator from Wally World. I either use my Ram Mount to hold my I-Pod or just put it in my coat pocket.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Conspiracy :baffled::baffled::action::action:

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

I have tried all the tricks to play a MP3 player thru the 1500 radio and the best way hands down is the radio mod, no need to tune to a blank station, or tune the transmitter, just flip a switch, and you have your MP3 tunes.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Sierra is Now Modifying GL 1500 Audio Units for Auxiliary Input $99
http://www.sierra-mc.com/
I just received a response from Sierra as to the details of them doing the mod. Total cost is $125, which includes insured return shipping. Right now they have about a seven day turnaround.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
imported post

I had mod done it works vary well. you can all so plug your gps in. I have a garmin with a mp3 player on it I bought a sim card 3gb. it is nice the gps will tell your route then the mp3 will start playing agin well worth 125.00

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

Has anyone got any pictures of the mod and how do you now have it hooked up iam currently using the tape deck

Is there a difference in sound

Johng

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.