Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Either an MP3 player built into the radio, or the facility for the Honda CD player to play MP3 music from CD's. Hondaline dropped the ball with this, the overpriced CD player should really be able to play MP3 as well as MP3 was already well established when the gl1800 arrived.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

How about Honda making a plug and play adapter to allow us to plug our Ipods into the 1500 radios? (other than cassette and wireless adapters?)

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
I think the GL1800 has this already Wingdreamer, it has an auxiliary input through an adapter.
Hey BRowan :stumped: Wingdreamer didn't mention the :18red::baffled: He is talking about the :15red: I have a full time job keeping you 'Gurus' on track. :cheeky1:

:santahat::18red::santahat:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hello Wingdreamer :santawaving:Welcome to the Greatest Goldwing Forum on the net

:santahat::18red::santahat:

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
imported post

I had a guy show me a plug already installed on the 1500 that sits under the left side fairing pouche. He found it by accident and has used it on his mp3 player ever since. It amy worth a look.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

YES, I AM FAMILIAR WITH THE PLUG IN, IN THE POCKET. UNFORTUNATELY, IT IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE INTERSTATE MODELS (BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A CASSETTE DECK IN THE RADIO). OBVIOUSLY, MOTHER HONDA LISTENED TO THE 1500 OWNERS, AS THEY INSTALLED THE AUX CABLE ON THE 1800 MODELS..........THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!!!! ALAN :waving:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I still ride my 85 aspy and living on retirement income probably thats how its going to stay :)
I wanted to try the fm modulator I saw in the tech section some time ago.
Here it is installed, I havnt had the bike on the road yet, but it workes fine in the garage. I just got to get a bigger USB stick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:
I still ride my 85 aspy and living on retirement income probably thats how its going to stay :)
I wanted to try the fm modulator I saw in the tech section some time ago.
If this is the same sort of gadget that I tried in my car a while back, they work great until you get near a big city. I lived near DC and I would be constantly tuning the thing. I just broke down and installed a new stereo.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Howdy Scout Guy :waving: [shadow=green]Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Site/Forum.[/shadow] :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

WHen I used the gadget in the car I just lowered the power antenna, like I said not tried it (ridden) on the wing yet. A friend of mine has a panasonic 5 cd player with a modulator and he never mentiond any problems like that, but we do live far from Large cities and most of our riding is also in the country. Cities not being on the list of favourable riding places and definitely not while listening to a radio on a bike :)

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Howdy Scout Guy :waving: Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Site/Forum. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
So this is the post that got all that started is it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.