Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

She told me she wanted to get a motorcycle license.:cooler: She said a goldwing is too big to learn on and she was right.:headbanger: I showed her a 650 Suzuki Savage and she said she liked it alot.:action: Then she said we can't afford any type of payment.:headbanger: I think I can still get her on a bike this year, but it'll just take some wheeling and dealing with stuff I already have.:cooler:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Good for both of you...

Get her in for that riding class, in the mean time, if she hasnt already taken it.

Boy, I am jealous... I would love it if Mrs UBW were my riding buddy...

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Good for your Mrs. Once mine got her own,she'll never get her on the back of mine again. It is nice to have her as a riding partner instead of a passenger.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Just a little advise that may save you some time and money. My wife also rides. We looked at a new 650 Savage a few years ago. They are a nice looking bike, but the vibration from the single cylinder threw the handle bars is terrible. We shopped around and she road several bikes. We had a Yamaha 535 Virago nice little bike but hard to find. Hasn't been made for several years. She now has a 750 Shadow Aero. It is a very nice bike. I think the shaft drive and water cooled is a major bennifit in one of these bikes.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Mrs. Axisman also likes the 750 shadow spirit. I used to have an 1100 shadow sabre that she loved, but that is a little big too start out on.We'll probly wind up with an old CB 500-650 out of the 70's at first. Not only do they run good, but if they fall over it's no big deal.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Make it simple for her, get her a CB Hondamatic from the late 70's. They came in 750 and 450 models. 3 years production for the 750 and 6 years production in the 450 model. A little heavier than a standard but all the extra weight is down on the bottom, easy to handle. I had a 76 750 model and loved it. Even rode it on a summer trip to Daytona Beach and back from South Carolina, upstate.

It also took me all the way to Ft. Worth, Texas from South Carolina in 3 days riding with no problems at all.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
imported post

Hondamatic in Prescott

Is this one worth me going to look at?

Might make a nice little bike to throw in the pickup box and still haul my travel trailer.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

That is a nice bike Bagmaster, but the whole problem comes down to money. Wisconsin Cycle Salvage in Nenah WI has a 77 750k model for $995, but I still think that may be a little heavy for Mrs. to start out on.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Just a little advise that may save you some time and money. My wife also rides. We looked at a new 650 Savage a few years ago. They are a nice looking bike, but the vibration from the single cylinder threw the handle bars is terrible. We shopped around and she road several bikes. We had a Yamaha 535 Virago nice little bike but hard to find. Hasn't been made for several years. She now has a 750 Shadow Aero. It is a very nice bike. I think the shaft drive and water cooled is a major bennifit in one of these bikes.
And of course it's a Honda:action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

William_86 wrote:
nice bikes for girls:
hondas shadow, v-stars/viragos, suzuki intruders

all those have low seats.
Hey there William. Watch those " for girl" comments. There are a number of us on these here forums that have wings.:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:jumper::jumper::jumper::whip::whip::whip::whip:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Hondamatic in Prescott

Is this one worth me going to look at?

Might make a nice little bike to throw in the pickup box and still haul my travel trailer.
Nice!!! If I wanted something to kick around town with I'd go for it. Not that good for 2-up as it's only a 400 but 1-up would be good. I see it's at Cresent Moons so I bet they've already gone over it pretty good.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

You guys are so brave. I would love my wife to ride with me but not on her own bike.
I could not ride while in fear that she will run in to me or drop it in front of me.
We can barely drive in a team muc h less ride in a group.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.