Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Tonite on the commute home, a feller on a crotch rocket was doing the 80 mph, go between cars, cut in front of people thing. Apparently he didnt do something quite right.

Momma said she couldnt see what exactly he did to wreck, but he did, and she stopped to call 911. When I called to see why she was running late (we are supposed to be leaving for a trip to see the Mariners play), she told me that she was on the side of the road, with several other people, waiting for emt's.

More details later.

Pray for this poor soul.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Heres what I know...

It does look like he either clipped a fender with a too close lane change, or he hit an obstacle on the shoulder. He was passing both in the middle and on both sides of the road.

She saw several cars just in front her start to swerve and dodge. By the time she got the car shut down, there was a huge plume of dust. She, and others, stayed with him till the medics arrived. He had a bloody face, blood all over his chest, and on his legs. He was wearing a full face helmet, and was alert, sort of.

She said "I feel bad for him, cuz you dont wish that on anyone, no matter how dumb they are, but he did it to himself".

So now you know...

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I live near Ft. Hood, a lot of crotch rockets in this area, everytime you turn around one of them is wrecking their ride. I feel sorry for them too, but like your wife said, it is their own fault. Most of them ride like they have a death wish and think they can ride like maniacs and it is someone elses fault if they screw up. I work on the computers at the hospital on Ft. Hood, and I've talked to some of them out in the break area after they have been patched up, they feel that they have the right to drive like nuts and if something happens, it's someone elses fault. I have yet to talk to one who took blame for his own stupidity. And after talking to some, you can tell how much common sense they have. I would say that 90% of accidents on crotch rockets is caused by the operator, were as 90% of accidents on tour bikes are caused by other vehicles. This is just an oservation on my part.;)

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Having had reletively minor spills in the past, I know how much it hurts when you chew on tarmac, and my blood turns cold as these guys go past me or others.

Had two yesterday, one overtook me and one more car then undertook two cars as he and they made a right turn!! ( remembering we drive on the left) the front car tooted him and the idiot rider slowed down to wave a friendly one fingered wave and shout obsenities, as if it was the car driver who had done wrong!!!!

Second one overtook me and two other cars, in a narrow 30mph area, he must have been doing 70mph, and he dived accross the front one, cuz he wanted to take a left turn.

I almost wish that these guys would have a minor spill, so that they had some idea what the consequences can be!!

Unlike some of you more sympathetic guys, I don't feel that sorry for the ones who mess up, I reserve my sympathies for the poor people who have to witness or get hit by them and then the poor relatives who get the dreaded phonecall!!

The other week I got a call from my son, to say that he had dumped his bike in town. He wasnt any more than bruised and the bike was a bit re designed, and he had just lost concentration in slow traffic ( probably eyeing a pretty girl knowing him!!) but the feeling that went through me, was not good.

Now imagine what relatives of badly injured pocket rockets feel like when they get the call to say their son has stuffed big time!!

Education and experience is their only hope, and i hope they all move on safely to become Wing riders with a little more savvey on their shoulders.

I don't mind giving the Wing a bit of a burn, but there is a time and place for that.

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

It is hard to have any pity for these idots when they blame everyone else for the accidents.:bash:

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
imported post

hi all,i see this every weekend when i go to my static caravan in yorkshire...the A170 is a favourite with most bikers but the pocket rocket brigade:headbanger: abuse the roads which in turn makes other bikers like us look the same as these pillocks? thus we get tarred with the same brush, ive been shocked:realshocked: a few times when these headbangers:headbanger: fly past at break neck speeds and appear out of nowhere? thing is ive noticed some of these nutters are usually balding and grey haired middle age men:baffled:, more than likely with a wife,kids,mortgage and a dog:grinner:...some thrills are just not worth a life,odds are the grim reaper will be waiting around the next sharp country lane bend:angel2::angel::angel2:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

I don't know how many accident scenes I've worked, from nothings to fatals, and, sadly, I've gotten pretty fatalistic about it. The first fatal I worked was a bike vs. semi-tractor. Killed pillion but driver survived.

Ruaidh

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Yeah this problem seems to be world wide. :whip: I dont have any sympathy for these foolswho injure or kill themselves, :blowingup:it's their poor families who have to live with it. :crying:

:headbanger: :18red: :headbanger:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Here's one that will wake everyone up and give them NIGHTMARES, so if your overly sensitive or have a weak heart please dont look to closely at this picture!

This guy was doing well over 80MPH when he went off road on his crotch rocket and slammed into a wooden fence on a farm!

NOTE: The post goes all the way thru him.:realshocked:

And he lived after they removed the wooden post from his body! Altought I would bet on things working the way they used too!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sorry but that picture's a phony. It's been on the Internet for quite some time in various venues. If you look real closely you can see there's no gore on either end of the pole or any sign of any. Awful clean and neat insertion.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Sorry but that picture's a phony. It's been on the Internet for quite some time in various venues. If you look real closely you can see there's no gore on either end of the pole or any sign of any. Awful clean and neat insertion.
SSSSSHHHHHUUUUUUUHHHHSSSSSS

Quiet Paul, we use it around here to scare the kids from driving like maniacs!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

1002bikes:

" the pocket rocket brigade:headbanger: abuse the roads which in turn makes other bikers like us look the same as these pillocks?"

I actually think you're wrong about that. Just about everybody I talk to know the difference between riders like us (the people on this site), and the idiots that swerve in and out of traffic at ridiculous speeds on crotch rockets.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey Harrystoy :stumped: Would you please delete :baffled:that photograph from your mesg, that is a farce that exavid has just stated, :clapper:and has no place on this forum. :whip: If you refuse i will ask wingnut or wexman to delete it. :gunner2:

:baffled: :18red: :baffled:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

I gotta agree with Redwing on this one. I really enjoy the photos that people post here, but I would like to see some constraint on what can and can't be posted here.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Sorry guy's I really wasnt trying to offend anyone!:baffled:

Photo gone for good!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Hey Harrystoy:waving:Don't worry about it we have all seen it before. Some of the motorcycle crashes are worse than that.

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

was reading the Tulsa world monday morning about a 20 yo in a motorcycle fatality... was riding his 2003 hunda at speeds up to 100 mph and decided to pop a wheelie... there are old motorcycle riders and there are bold motorcycle riders... but very few old and bold motorcycle riders

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Yesterday I was told about a Marine stationed here who was clocked at over 150mph on his crotch rocket by the highway patrolwho waschasing himwhen he lost it. He apparentlyWILL be around to face the civilian traffic judge, and his prosecution by the Marine Corps! After he gets out of the hospital.

Young, Dumb, and full of ***.

Bob :11grey:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
was reading the Tulsa world monday morning about a 20 yo in a motorcycle fatality... was riding his 2003 hunda at speeds up to 100 mph and decided to pop a wheelie... there are old motorcycle riders and there are bold motorcycle riders... but very few old and bold motorcycle riders
I wonder how fast you can go with the front end off the gound before air loads take over and the whole thing goes over backwards. Still gotta admire the power of a bike that can do a wheelie at 100mph. These guys must be kamikazes!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.