Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I changed my belts, coolant and fork oil. The belt change went good considering it was my first time:D. The old belts were a pretty brown color, with some stretch. But I changed them out and she cranked right up. Thanks for all the info shared on this site. Put everything back together with new coolant and then tackeled the fork oil. The old stuff looked horrible, but I don't think it was origional because the long spring was in upside down. Put it back together and man what a difference. Rode like a totally different bike. I used to feel every bumb, but not now. Thanks again to all the folks that post here, a lot of great info on how to take care of our machines.Took about six hours to do it all. Probably a little longer than others but I did stop and eat lunch. On another note, I read about dynabead tire balancing beads in another post. I have put them in my tires and man what a difference. great stuff.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

you and snorebaby are going to have to get to a meet & greet . he rides the same bike . he lives in agusta . drop him a pm some time. wayne

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

chesterwgunn wrote:
Man, that is a beautiful bike..

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Dyna beads are neat. I've run them in 2 different bikes and its alot smoother. Plus you get even wear since they balance every time the tire rolls. No more slung weights causing whoppy-jawed tires.
Good looking Wing too..

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

oldtoys1961 wrote:
Dyna beads are neat. I've run them in 2 different bikes and its alot smoother. Plus you get even wear since they balance every time the tire rolls. No more slung weights causing whoppy-jawed tires.
Good looking Wing too..
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

oldtoys1961 wrote:
Good looking Wing too..
"Whoppy-Jawed".....

Hey, that's a "south Georgia" term...

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

chesterwgunn wrote:
sandcastcb750 wrote:
That is one beautiful GL1200
It really is....Someone has taken very good care of that little girl..
It didnt look that good when I got it, but a lot of elbow grease and TLC later..........wha la.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

way to go on your great looking and running bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.