Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
imported post

Don't know, but have read where some of the guys have used Harley exhausts. The take offs from new bikes. Price isn't too bad that way.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I beleive the 1100 exhausts have clearance issues with the center stand.... I have jardine splip ons on my 78, and am pleased with them, and yes, it is easy to do some modifiying to put HD touring mufflers on.... you can pick them up never-been-used fairly cheap on fleabay

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
imported post

yea, 1100 have some issues. Cheapest way to go is the Harley mufflers. You can pick those up on ebay for under $40.00 as the Harley guys get rid of them, not loud enough.
You have to do a little work on them, but is cheapest way to go.
From there, it gets pricey - 300-400

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

I've seen the Harley mufflers installed on 1000, and 1100 Goldwing and they look good and work good.
Only thing I'd be concerned with is the oil leaks that they cause. :D

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
imported post

So something like these should work?

Attachments

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Your main issue will be from the heads to the foot pegs. Im not sure if they are bent in the right places but the pipe size should be the same at the heads. The pipes in drknobs pic are the pipes I have on my Harley. they are quiet but do rumble when you open it up. They would be perfect on a wing!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

1100 exhaust will work too. But, you have to remove and seal the crossover (won't clear the rear tire.)

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks to everyone for all your help. What type of alterations would I have to make to have the HD pipes work? And are they loud?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

looking4goldwing wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all your help. What type of alterations would I have to make to have the HD pipes work? And are they loud?
Alterations depend on which HD mufflers you use. Mostly to get the mufflers to seal on the headers and to make sure they won't fall off. Your preference on aesthetics may dictate adapters to locate where and how you want. They are actually fairly quiet, but louder than new OEM.

As they came off a Harley, they will naturally cause oil leaks.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

My pipes off a 1340 Evo engine are inch & a half on theinlet pipe. any harley pipes will work. I think the smallest engine size right now would be 750 cc on a sporty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.