Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have ordered the TorqMonster power exhaust chamber for my wing. Now comes new mufflers. I have been checking out the Daytona's and the Hollywood's. Any complaints on either of these brands, or is there another brandI should check out?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Hey Henry
They are both the same except one is longer to stick out past the optional saddlebag spoiler which your avatar looks like you have. I have the shorter ones w/Bassani pipes which is now Torquemonster. Love the sound, no extra baffles. Many say it sounds like a Ferrari. :action:

What year is your 1500? How many miles on it? Did you just get it?
Go to the main menu on the right side of the forum page, click on account, profile, and fill in you mileage, keep it updated every once and a while. That will help if you have a question on a problem you might have in diagnosing it.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks newday777. looking at past posts regarding these mufflers, most advised against the long version as the might scrape coming out of driveways and such.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Do keep in mind that the "longs" help to clear the bottom/rear of the saddlebag spoiler (that appears to be installed in your avatar photo)...

The TorqMonster chamber replacements will have the outlet velocity and temperature of your pipes both greater than they are now (this is that not-crossed-over discussion), so ensuring that your hot gasses are vented away from heat-susceptible items like ABS plastic is a good idea. the tips on your existing OEM pipes turn down and direct the exhaust gasses accordingly... both of the pipes you mentino dump straight back, and a short pipe mounted parallel to the ground could have you heating your rear skirt! the Hollywood longs may seema bit more attractive for that reason... to help assure that the heat is kept off of your plastics.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks satan, I never thought of the heat issue. Thats why I love this Forum.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
imported post

i have the daytona's love them makes it sound awwwwwwwsome

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.