Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
I also love the elite 4 and now that I need a new rear tire there are none to be found. Getting a Bridgestone and can only hope it is half the tire the Dunlops are.馃憤

Registered
I have Avon鈥檚 on my 1500,radial on front,bias on back,best combination I have ever had on a bike

Reactions: DaveO430

Premium Member
Really you mixed the two styles?? I had radials on as the last set and other than one fell apart (the back) they handled fine but still followed the grooves.. the only tire I have owned that
was GREAT, as far as the grooving and road worms, was the Elite 3 but they didn't last very long....Maybe it is the wide grooves on the freeways in Michigan but they scare me and when it rains
they are even worse.. again.... only on the grooved pavement.....on a normal road they are great!!! I wonder if it is the strange grove in the center of the front tire that is causing it?

Registered
The Avon鈥檚 work AWSOME on any groove,I stayed with the rear bias because I ride pretty aggressive and thought the bias would have less wall flex in corners.

Premium Member
1985 GL1200 A
For what it's worth, I run Michelin Commander II front and rear. Great grip and wear. Based simply on experience with a GL1500 and GL1200 over about 30,000 miles combined, I see no point in using anything else.

Worst tire experience ever: Using an Austone car tire on the rear wheel of my '95 GL1500 Aspencade. Went into a death wobble on the REAR tire at over 75 mph! Ruined a trip to the west coast via Yellowstone about 8 years ago. F' that damn tire! When I got home I not only replaced it with a Michelin Commander II, but burnt the f'er down to the wires just to make sure it was completely dead! You haven't lived til you've experienced a REAR wheel death wobble (bouncing from edge to edge) at 75 miles per hour! Only regret that I can't slap the sh*t out of the dimwit who suggested using it to begin with!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts