Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1996 Aspencade SE 1500.. Moved it today to knock down a shed and found out reverse isn't working, then also noticed no gas gauge reading and no rear lights or marker lights up front just headlights. Bike starts fine single lights work as does brake lights. I have had no problems with this bike up until today. It was parked for three days with cover on due to rain yesterday. I am mystified as to whats going on, the charge system is compu fire, Checked fuses all are ok on left side. Anyone else have any problems like this. Forgot to mention side stand light on dash doesn't work but yet bike will shut off when in first gear and side stand is lowered.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
GL1500 Tail Main Relay # 3 (1993 - 2000)

I'll bet all of these lights are not working............!!! Swap the # 3 relay with the # 5 air pump relay. Also make sure the relay contacts are clean and tight....!!

The # 3 Tail Main Relay provides voltage to the following locations:

1. Tail (running) lights on the trunk. (Brown/white wire)

2. Optional side marker lights on the trunk. (Brown/white wire)

3. Spoiler tail (running) lights on the trunk (Standard on SE, optional on
Aspencade and Interstate) (Brown/white wire)

4. Position lights (either side of the headlights).

5. Tachometer and Speedometer lights.

6. Two dash lights.

7. Low fuel, oil pressure, side stand and overdrive indicator lights
on the instrument panel.

8. Reverse indicator light bulb on the instrument panel. (Bulb is grounded by the
reverse control unit)

9 Fuel gauge on the instrument panel.

10. Temperature gauge on the instrument panel.

11. Ignition + in the LCD unit. (To backlight the LCD)

12. Audio switch illumination (two bulbs).

13. Left and right handlebar switch illumination.

14. Turn signal switch. (Powers the running lights in the turn signal housing)

15. Optional left and right front side marker lights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Muliple wing issues.

Thank you so much for the information. I can and have rebuilt many Honda bikes from Nighthawk to all of the early Shadows so I am ( Engines mainly ) somewhat ok working on bikes but when it comes to Wings I need a lot of schooling and it starts here. Complex electrics that are on the wing are intimidating but I want to learn. Thank you for your responses, I will swap out the relay #3 with another and let you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Muliple wing issues.

Swapped # 1 relay to # 3 spot and everything seems to work again. From first time Newbie, thank you to everyone for your expertise and teachings. I will pick up two of these relays as suggested, nice to have a spare.Who knows perhaps I can help another winger by the side of a road..:wink2: Thanks to Steve Saunders for this site and all who Moderate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.