Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have been a avid motorcyclist for almost 40 years and I always seem to gravitate to the same wherever I go. I enjoy trading stories and all that. I have a question to all the riders who circumnavigate this earth on two wheels. Apart from the basic items, what is the one or two things that all of us should never leave home without on a big tour with our GW's . Not talking about the wife or money or cell phone or that stuff. Maybe a special tool or something that will save your butt in a jam. I have done lots of big rides. I am just taking a honset poll to see if I am missing something. This is my 1st big ride with my GW. Had many others on my Cavalcade so I am not new to big rides. Thanks Guys and gals. Ride On....................

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

I have a couple things that I don't leave the yard without. 1. The tool bag with the necessary equipment plus a roll of tape, small test light and a piece of automotive wire. My theory is if you have it you will never need it.
2. the other thing is my favorite gadget toy, my Sirius Sattelite Radio that is velcroed to the dash, an absolute must for me.

This should be an iteresting and entertaining topic as it grows.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

TIOLET PAPER!!!!!! I AM SERIOUS!!!!!!

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Some tire plugs and a small inflator. Will at least get you to a place to get a new tire.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

bottle water...for self and or radiator. flashlight

mark:waving:

mostly if you're riding through the dessert:D

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Never leave without the camera :blowingup:One day,,,,,,,one darn day I go for a ride with my cousin without the camera. Two large black bears step out on the rode well ahead of us. But I got that picture in my memories:)

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Your medical history, and a teloscoping magnet with your tools! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

DMM, paper maps( good for when your really lost and the gps is lost too:D)

spare keys:shock:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

red rolling couch wrote:
always carry a spare key for bike in my walletwater bottle for bike
don't tell us where its hid:shock:now you gotta find a new hiding spot :D

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Always on my bike..throttle and clutch cables, oil, brake fluid, complete set of tools, rags, wire, tape, spark plugs, flat fix in a can, tire plug, meter, extra fuses, bungees..Yep just one or two things. :D

·
IBA Member
373 Posts
imported post

Major credit card and a clean pair of boxers. After four days of turning the first pair around and inside out ya gotta move to a fresh pair. That's 8 days of riding!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

the guys I ride with change our boxers every day. It's tough cause some of the guys are smaller then me and their's are tight.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

I carry a Hand Crank Flashlight with FM radio, It charges your cell phone and mp3-4 players, (no Batteries to replace or carry) 1 minute of cranking produces 4 hours of light...I also carry a Hand Crank stationary small Led light that looks like a minature Coleman lantern and it hangs in a tent and charges cell phones and Ipod ,mp-3-4 players too.

There are a lot of these on the market now and you can get any cell phone, Ipod, mp3-4 adapter you need . They work great for everyday use or for emergency's and whats the greatest is I don't have to carry Batteries anymore...

This is the Flashlight, I bought it at a local store for $14

http://www.sourcingmap.com/led-hand-crank-flashlight-with-cell-phone-charger-radio-siren-p-24188.html

This is the Lantern, It's small too. and mine is Green and I bought it for $23

http://www.sourcingmap.com/charger-mosquito-repeller-hand-crank-led-flashlight-wcompass-speakers-for-mp3-ipod-nokia-p-15322.html

Take Care - Jim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

One tool that I never leave home without is my Leatherman. One of the handiest tools out there. Have used it on several occasions on several trips. Also a small can of mosquito or insect repellent is handy also. Here in Arkansas, at night, they will carry you off.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Thanks a bunch for all the good ideas, great things to have on trip. Ride On..................

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.