but it is my daily driver

so there is no rest fo my rapidly splitting seams

i would like to find someone here in the valley

a nice used seat would be great!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

I am in tucson and I just use local car guys to make repairs. Had the yamaha venture seat and one for my sportster redone takes a couple of days.

Be prepared to pay however as the prices have gone up significantly The venture cost me around $125 about 10 years ago, the sportster was around $90 4 years ago and I priced a job for a new venture seat and it was around $200+.

Check dennis kirk, maybe jc whitney still has covers I am not sure. But there are lots of car upholsterers up your way so look around. Also you will want it covered with marine grade stuff as it is more UV resistant etc.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

It's hard to beat eBay for used 1500 parts. Lots of guys realize they were made for 13 years, and have a ridiculously loyal following - They are parting them out every day. :)

My '88 is "half eBay". :D

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

It is much less to have recovered than to order a new one. on my 83 aspy, I took it to an uphostelry shop, and got it done for 99.95 plus tax, in Black Lether. Looks really good.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

wow, i've got to get mine redone. I was figuring 2 to 3 times what it cost you nightrider. I might head down to an uphostery shop this week. good info guys thanks

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,612 Posts
imported post

6pk88 wrote:
i live in phoenix

hope you see your PM soon, I have got just the ticket for you and the cost is right.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
6pk88 wrote:
i live in phoenix

hope you see your PM soon, I have got just the ticket for you and the cost is right.
damn john must be BAD can't even give it away:D:D:D

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,612 Posts
imported post

Well, it turns out that he posted that about six times, he couldn't find the old threads. Not his fault all together though, he has never used a computer on a forum.

I noticed in one post he left his phone number, called that and talked with him. He did not know what "PM sent" meant, so showed that to him. That led to a slideshow I had done previously on the seat. He saw that and got all excited.

an hour later, he is here, looked at the seat and fully enthused :D

Now that seat has a new owner, and I think we have gained a new pleased forum member.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

the things some guys will do to keep everyone happy....

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
imported post

Hi,
Bike bandit sells NEW Original seats for a good price. 88-2000 will all fit the 88 wing. They vary in price for different years, so price them all. I just bought a 98 SE grey and black seat for $265 with free shipping. Also, I think Hartco makes a stock type replacement cover for $100-$125.
They are not very hard to install - just need a staple gun.

Good luck,

Tom Mc

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
imported post

I have a shop here that recovered my seat and arm rest with new marine vynal and sewed a nice patern in for only 125 bucks. he did great work it looks new.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
imported post

I have the original seat from my spectra red 1998 Aspencade, used for 35,000 miles, always garaged, in relatively good condition, photos available if interested.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
imported post

When it comes to the 1500 seat covers, dont be fooled by advertisement claims that state fits 88-2000, not all seat pans are alike. I recently went thru all junk trying to get a seat cover to fit mine. I googled, checked the threads here and the offical Gwrra forum, got lots of advise from members and decided on a saddleman cover from mototunic and it wasnt even close to fitting, extensive communications and sending pictures it was claimed that the original foam was altered, once honda dealer got involved it was then claimed the seat pan was aftermarket only to find that in checking the microfishe it infact was not a 90 seat pan but a honda replacement 88 pan. Make sure you order the correct part from the part number stamped on bottom of seat, honda (i was told) doesnt always put the newest on the newest if that makes since? Andy (bikes PO) ordered the bike with the biggest softest seat available. Honda installed an 88 seat and was very comfortable. Ended up getting an okay seat from fleabay and a seat cover I cant use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.