Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I'm still trying to remember all the settings of the audio system on the 06 Wing. How do I adjust the setting on the radio so it will cut off of lower volume when you are receiving someone on your CB unit?
Tire Vehicle registration plate Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Pwhoever
3,468 Posts
It should be automatic. Anytime you receive or transmit, the radio should go silent. It has to do with rules about transmitting music over the CB so Hondas solution is to turn off the radio when these happen. But other issue is that static on CB will also cut off the radio sounds. You have to adjust the squelch up to control the static and also so you only receive CB transmissions that are closer. Squelch is on left handlebar controls with CB volume and CB channel switches. Also remember if you are not using a headset, make sure that CB is set to come over the dash speakers.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. i just installed a headset the other day. as I said, it's been a long time since I had an 1800. I guess what I was thinking about was the radio muting when you talk over the intercom. I haven't had a chance to use the CB yet so I didn't remember that was automatic cut off the radio. Again I thank you for taking time to answer my questions.

Reactions: Pwhoever

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,605 Posts
IIRC,
there is a careful adjustment of the Intercom Gain control and the other controls, to make it mute properly when you talk on the intercom to a passenger.

I decided to just give it all up, and went with a Sena 50S wireless,
wish I had done that years ago... but the tech was not there years ago

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I ride 1 up now, since my wife injured her back and hasn't been able to ride since 2001. Even if she was able I still rather have wired set up than blue tooth. you don't have to worry about keeping the thing charged. Old school I guess.

Reactions: Peter Goldwing
1 - 5 of 5 Posts