1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Looking good! I started to do this to my 1100 when I had it.:claps:

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
it would, but not without some mods I reckon. I've looked at this option. the trunk rack is part of the bag rack.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Lookin' good! It wouldn't take too much work to make the saddlebag supports removeable. I was going to cut the ones on an 1100 I had so that they could be removed or replaced by pulling some pins. I didn't get that far because some fool offered me too much money for the bike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happy to keep the rack on and click on the top box when I have a pillion. My rack was rusty but I bought this one on eBay and had it sent from the US to Australia - only $US95 incl postage. It is in amazing rust free condition.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments. I have ordered a 7 inch round light as well so will swap between them.

Can't believe how good it is to ride - only negative is the wobble at the front. Better since new tyre added though

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I have ordered a 7 inch round light as well so will swap between them.

Can't believe how good it is to ride - only negative is the wobble at the front. Better since new tyre added though
wobble at the front? Without the fairing? And as asked, when do you get it, what conditions?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Sounds like the common 35mph wobble?

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
Mine has the fairing, and I quickly discovered it had a really bad wobble if the front tire pressure is low. That is something I now keep an eye on, and check more often than usual. It was so bad when I first found out about it that I almost crashed on a 25 mph residential street.

I do like the way your bike looks. I wish Honda had built something like that instead of the FB6. Oh wait they did. It was called the Valkyrie.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.