Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the bike out for a run , Stopped for a few minutes , Then it did not want to start. No neutral light came on ,The light does work . The battery is good .Dash is all lit up otherwise . Had to give her a rolling start . Any ideas or solutions , Thanks

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Clean the battery posts and cable ends. The battery can show fully charged but just a little bit of corrosion and it will cause what you are getting. When you look at the posts and cable ends they'll look perfectly clean. They still need cleaning. The posts should be scraped where they're shiny and the cable ends sanded shiny. It doesn't look like much but the Wing has to have a very good battery connection or it won't start.
Pretty common condition. I clean mine every spring after it's set all winter or I'll get what you're seeing now.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The terminals are nice and clean , I believe the issue is linked to the neutral light not coming on . seen another forum post that said it could be linked to the reverse switch . Which i used prior to turning the bike off. Which i will look at now . Thanks

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,357 Posts
I think you are on the right track about the reverse switch. Since you just used it and now the neutral light doesn't come on that is where I would start also.
Remove the reverse handle and spray the micro switch that it operates. There is a little hole in that switch that you can spray some cleaner in and that will clean the contacts on the switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.