Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Alright, Don't laugh because it really works. Got the screen room from a garage sale for $5.. It helps keep out the bug and the trash. I put a fan in there to suck out the overspray and some tables to paint on. Grabbed some of my extra parts I picked up local, wetsanded,primed them and gave it a shot. Now the bug/debris problem is solved if only I could just paint worth a [email protected]:(

But I'm getting there. My paint laying is coming back, but I keep forgetting to wipe down the part with a cleaner/degrease to avoid any fisheye. JR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

Good idea I like it thanks for sharing.:) I would of never thought of that seem like it's always windy here in the desert so it's hard to paint. :action:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

You da man!!!!!:clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Well it won't do micro filtering like a real down draft paintbooth. I used one of those when I painted a 62"Chevy Stepside pickup at CDC and their wonderful. But it will keep out the bugs and alot of trash.I could always get a nice glossy finish then some darn bug fly from 100 yards away to imbed itself in it and I'd have to start all over.

Its a good "poor mans" paint shelter for someone who has nowhere to paint like me and can't pay someone $100 just to paint a tank shelter and that with sanding it myself and supplying the paint.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

all great ideas come from the poor men, out of nessisity[sp] cannot afford to do anything else:cheeky1:

then a rich man comes along, steals the idea, takes credit and becomes a genious:cheeky1:

if you have a hard job to do, give it to the laziest person you know....they will show you the easist way of doing it.

anyone got any hard work lying around:cheeky1::shock::cheeky1:

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Great Idea Oldtoys, I have been looking for a portable paint booth or an Idea for one, And you have hit the nail on the head for me. Thanks, I can now get my spray equipment out of the same garage that houses my bikes. Take Care - Jim

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

you could use your BBQ grill for powder coating and then you will be set .

1 of U

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Did some side covers and saddlebag lid and misc parts. today. Worked great, not 1 bug(amazing). A beautiful glossy black. I still have a few fisheye, gona do a wetsand and buff on that part. I should have added fisheye additive and played it safe,thats my preping problem. I scrubbed the bejesus out of them too with dawn then tacked. Still got a few. But not a problem. I'm learning again,havent painted in 20+ years.

And if I use the grill for powder coating I could throw on some dogs and burgers.:dude:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.