Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here is a picture of my 81 wing that I took 2 years agojust after herodometer clicked over to 100k. I'll post some new pictures after I get her back together after a winter resto of the heads and carbs along with the new/oldpolished OEMvalve and timing belt covers. Same picture as my avitar just clearer.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Lots of different years and makes of stuff there! I liked the Vetter stuff back in the day. Got rid of all that I had though..

Use this avatar instead, it's lots clearer....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thx for the clear avatar!

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike! Very shiny:clapper: I'm curious though, if that is a 1981, why does it have 1983 wheels on it???? In the picture I can see you have the TRAC anti dive forks. This also tells me the bike is a 1983. Also the mixture of the Honda line fairing and the Vetter trunk and saddlebags is curious indeed. Did you buy it like that or did you switch them after???

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Yeah, once of the things I noticed was the front end being an '83. The case guards and pegs are '81. The pinstripe color is not an '83 color either ('83 has silver pinstripes)

The helmet lock position under the shelter shows it to be a Standard at birth, but I'd love to see it with a late model Windjammer fairing instead of the Hondaline. Just to be different...

Best pic I could find, but I know there are few GL1100 Vetter equipped bikes out there...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I was waiting for someone to chime in about the differant wheels. Yes they are 83 wheels and forks. I put them on in 1989 after buying a parts bike.I like the looks of the 83 wheels compared to the 80 thru 82 comstars and it handles bettter as well. I oppt out on the intigrated brakes and went with stock. As far as the Vetter bags and trunk, I got them for a song back in 82 from a friend with a 81 wing full vettered for $100 after a lady pulled out in front of him and that was the end of the story. Back when it was stock color a lot of people would scratch thier heads trying to macth color with wheels with years.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

I like black bikes
And those wheel are 1000% nicer than those ugly comstars I have on my 79..
I'd have to lose the trunk (haha, I did on the 1200 too)

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
imported post

i guess there is reason to believe mine may go a lot farther, i now have over 42 thousand miles on mine...i love seeing an 1100 with over a 100 K . Shows that some things really are made to last. it would be nice if mine looked that nice but i have no desire to do work on it.... i guess i will just contine to ride it.... *smile*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.