Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I think anyone can have there own meaning of a 9/11 ride. Just enjoying the freedoms that are ours, enjoying some time with friends and family, solitude. I called Kristop64089 and another friend saturday nite and said lets ride. My other friend is a champ, he rides a 2011 HD rocker "C" which if you don't know is not a touring bike by any stretch but this guy has put at least 4,000mi on it with me this year. So @ 9:00am I loaded my youngest daughter (8) who has 0 seat time and met with my brother kristop and his daughter (8) with 0 seat time and my friend, and we headed out. First stop Higginsvile,MO to the "Confederate Memorial Cemetary" the kids enjoyed the history behind it and those are rare up in these parts. Then headed over to the Vetrans Memorial cemetary. Pulling in the lot was awesome. 70+ bikes all vets there to pay respects. There was lots of questions from the kids, why, how, who... My youngest was almost in tears when I explained why there were grown men in tears at the wall. It was so sad to see all the fresh dirt, it really hit home for me, you hear it on the radio but to see the graves is breath taking. From there some good BBQ in Waverly, Mo, and then off to Quincy, Ill. All in all it was 435mi+ and no complaints from anyone..

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Nice pics from a nice day:waving:

I worked 12 hours on 9-11:(

Will be going to Shanksville tomorrow and hope to get and post pictures.:action:

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

Tell ya what, It was a damn good ride. Weather was in the upper 70's, my daughter was happy as a lark, I had a chance to pay my respects to fellow fallen brothers, a good ride with good people, and this 1100 is running a strong as the day is long.

I catch alot of hell for riding a 30 year old "jap" bike, but if those pogues could spend one day in the saddle on this beast, I think they'd change their minds.

Yesterdays ride will be one that resides with me for many years to come.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

those two girls are not only cousins but the best of friends, you cant find two "bester" friends... The never complained about there butts, or soreness, just hunger. They were both proud but not as proud as us fathers(I'm sure) that they went that far,that they crossed the mighty missip, that they made it to a difffernt state. Neither wanted the day to end but after 3 hours of stareing at the sun in the sunset i was ready to be home.
On a seperate note, something that i would probably never say to his face, It was an honor to be at such a place with my brother, on a day that means that much. We ride together alot but that day "WILL" live forever in my mind.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

That is not a 'Jap Bike'

It is made in America from mostly American made components.

Those HD's are assembled in America from entirely Chinese with a few Japanese components.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

Oh I know it's not "jap", and telling people results in a bunch of butt hurt. Denial is a good place for some people.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

I didn't ride on New World Order Day.

You may want to use another term rather than jap.

I realize it's an american slang habit and all and may not seem odd, but a lot of my friends and relatives are asian and jap is like kook or slate eye or what ever else.

It's amazing to me that I learned all sorts of asian hate directed at americans while I was there (most deservedly so), but I've never heard any of those mentioned here while they’re in the USA.

Seems most of the low/ignorant folk remained in place.
Now we.. (focus on USA)

As representatives of one of the world’s most popular motorcycles participating in a world wide forum should at least attempt to portrait ourselves as better than the average heathen.

Then again, You may not want to use another term rather than jap. That’s your prerogative.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Very cool pix.

My 9/11 ride was to take the bike to the airport for a couple of hours celebrating that our freedom to fly has not been taken away.

(You'd be surprised how endangered THAT one is from time to time).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.