Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to sudden unexpected circumstances, I am forced to sell my beautiful '98 SE.

For the pictures, just go to the craigslist advert.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/3421374431.html

1998 Honda Goldwing GL1500SE $6500

This is a well maintained '98 SE. nearly all work has been done in Honda shops.
I just recently last July paid $1,000 for a very thorough annual maintenance.
I have receipts for that.
The upside is this is a very strong and good running bike and looks real nice.
The downside is the LED display comes and goes (loose connection on display),
There are a few minor blemishes that you will have to personally inspect to see,
They do not show up in pictures. The radio audio comes and goes, but I have a
Spare radio that I will include with the bike.

Has it ever been down? Most folks say "No, never!" that is a lie, all of them have,
But this one does not have any damage from being down. I lost my balance at
Slow speeds a couple of times and it just "went to sleep".

Tires are Dunlop E3s with about 4,000 miles and no cupping showing at all.
I run 44 psi in my tires to prevent cupping.

62,336 miles on her.
Headlight Modulator
Wig Wag brake light modulator
New OEM alternator March 2010
And all of the standard SE features, cruise, pillion floorboards, etc..
Markland Floorboards with Heel-toe shifter (works like a dream),
OEM foot pegs and shifter are in the trunk.
Brand new fuel pump, just put it in.
New Driving Lights under fairing
New All Balls steering head bearings,
New Stainless Steel brake lines
New brake pads
Fork Brace
Chrome stuff to enjoy,
Kuryachen highway pegs in the trunk, didn't get them on yet.

For the pictures, just go to the craigslist advert.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/3421374431.html

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
Sad to hear you are selling your bike. Wished I had the money. Best of luck

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Saddened to hear you must sell your wing John!!!:sadguy:
Wing or not I would really like to meet up with you again some day!!!:waving:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
how many miles?

·
Administrator
61,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forgot that, 62,336 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
:( sad to hear this John . I will never forget the few days we spent when you flew in to pick the beauty up. Prayers for you/your family to get thru this unexpected bump in the highway of life . God Bless you .

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I take it you're hanging on to the ST? Must be drastic situation. Hope it all works out.

·
Administrator
61,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holding onto the ST, it won't bring enough money to help me out.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Sorry to see you having to sell the White Knight, I sure hope everything works out for you. Best of Luck John will pray everything works out for you.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I wish I had the means to make it all go away for you John....... Not the bike though..... Not the bike....

Will pray for you and Mardonna that brighter days lay ahead and all will be well in Okie Land once more!

I will also say, Don't be afraid to reach out for some help if you need it. A band aid is sometimes all one needs to heal a wound.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
I wish I had the means to make it all go away for you John....... Not the bike though..... Not the bike....

Will pray for you and Mardonna that brighter days lay ahead and all will be well in Okie Land once more!

I will also say, Don't be afraid to reach out for some help if you need it. A band aid is sometimes all one needs to heal a wound.

Well said John (jobe). We're just a keystroke away.

Sorry to hear that AZ. Hope you get everything worked out.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
John,
I hope everything is okay there? I'm still trying to sell my 1200 GW.
I had a few offers but it's too nice of bike to let go.
I am down to 2600.00 tho.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Too bad I just bought the 92 !
Your 98 sure is pretty!
Gene

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Sorry to hear John, we pray everything will work out for you guy's :waving:

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Sorry to hear that John, make sure to put your craiglist ad in other cities around you also, that might help...sucks that you have to sell her though!!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Holding onto the ST, it won't bring enough money to help me out.
Money?
I take that to mean you have bad investment to cover maybe, say FACE CRAP stocks perhaps?

Like I always say, spend it and enjoy it fast as you have it and don't plan for tomorrow as tomorrow may never happen, and if it does happen todays dollar will not be worth 10 cents when tomorrow comes anyway!

I pray all is well and you just want to part ways with this one on good terms!
If I had the money I'd look into it, but alas I don't have the money and I fear paying more than $1k for anything.
Though I must say for some reason I have paid more for Gold-wings than I have for anything else in my entire life!
Heck I paid more for 3 Gold-wings than I did for the 13 acres I live on! :shock:

Gee, I paid more for each broke 1500 than I paid for my Porsche! LOL

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I live in GA and it sure would be a long haul for me. It sure lookks like a really pretty bike to me...I just recently totaled mine...And I'm like everyone else, tight on $$$...If we could make a better deal the bus ride won't kill me...My email is [email protected] and ph it 7 zero six 2 6 four 12 ninety 7....I could get serious but not that much cash

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I live in GA and it sure would be a long haul for me. It sure lookks like a really pretty bike to me...I just recently totaled mine...And I'm like everyone else, tight on $$$...If we could make a better deal the bus ride won't kill me...My email is [email protected] and ph it 7 zero six 2 6 four 12 ninety 7....I could get serious but not that much cash
Your not going to find a well maintained 98 with low mileage for $6500 in to many places. That wing won't last long at that price.

As far as a long drive...... It's just a moment in the life of a wing.........

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
maybe, but being a retired vet on disability I'm on a fixed income but I can still enjoy the ride of 2 wheels while i still can. it may not last long thats why I can still entertain a bid or end up with something older. That why Im waiting for AZ to get back with me on the money. I can dream can't I....

·
Administrator
61,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cpwomer,

I have been off the forum all day. Something to do with catching up on sleep and being with good friends all Turkey Day.

My son works Alpharetta, GA and just purchased a home 4 miles S.E. of Dawsonville, GA. and signed on it yesterday.

I recieved a phone call today from a gentleman over in Sapulpa, OK who is supposed to drop by tomorrow and look at it.

I really can't drop the price, it is worth all of that and more. "More to me" and "less to the buyer" :badgrin:

I just got it into the condition that I wanted it to be. That is what makes letting it go so painful. The why of selling it is private so not going there. Just painful.

I would not mind riding it down to GA and flying home if that is what it takes.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.