Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My baby is a write off!!!!

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Reinyrooster 
#1 ·
imported post

Well, I finally talked to the insurance adjuster yesterday. The bike is a write off. The good news is it looks like they are giving me enough money to replace it. They are also paying for a new helmet and jacket that were damaged in the accident (and I use thr term accident loosely). Now I just have to find a bike. Everything I have seen on the different sale sites are a bit of a drive, but there seems to be a few out there so hopefully I will be back in the saddle soon.

#8 ·
imported post

I guess I haven't been paying enough attention and missed your earlier post about the accident. I found it.

Sorry to hear this happened. Glad you wern't more seriously injured and glad they got the *******..

#9 ·
imported post

I brought my 1500 in from the USA and it's no problem. If you see one down there you like I can fill you in on the details. PM me if you want some info.

#10 ·
imported post

Ah yes,, that is what I like to hear. Choose wisely grasshopper:action:

#11 ·
imported post

I'm going to look at a 2000 SE on Saturday and it's even the same colour as mine. If all is good and I can make a deal I should have it the following week. Unfortunately my wrist is in a splint for at leastthe next 3 weeks, so I have to take a friend with me to test ride it. He's an HD rider so even if it shakes bad, he'll think all is fine.:cooldevil: Also, the doc told me to stay off bikes for a month and the wife knows this. If I test ride it, getting hit by a car may be the least of my worries.:shock:

Hey digger, you should get that cough looked at with all this swine flu going around.:cheeky1: Sorry to say, but it's the wrong colour.:action:

#13 ·
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
I'm going to look at a 2000 SE on Saturday and it's even the same colour as mine. If all is good and I can make a deal I should have it the following week. Unfortunately my wrist is in a splint for at leastthe next 3 weeks, so I have to take a friend with me to test ride it. He's an HD rider so even if it shakes bad, he'll think all is fine.:cooldevil: Also, the doc told me to stay off bikes for a month and the wife knows this. If I test ride it, getting hit by a car may be the least of my worries.:shock:

Hey digger, you should get that cough looked at with all this swine flu going around.:cheeky1: Sorry to say, but it's the wrong colour.:action:
I hope it works out for you Bob. I am still off work, so if you need an actual Goldwinger to do any road testing for you just let me know. If I can help out I will. What do you mean "The wrong colour?" ( See, only us Canadians spell colour properly:action:) You racist bugger you.

#16 ·
#18 ·
imported post

here is a good deal. Dave out here on Vancouver island has an awesome 1500 with 30, 000 origional on it for under 10 grand. It's spotless & nice lookin! So you fly out to B.C. & ride the 4500 km back home.:action:

#19 ·
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
I hope it works out for you Bob. I am still off work, so if you need an actual Goldwinger to do any road testing for you just let me know. If I can help out I will. What do you mean "The wrong colour?" ( See, only us Canadians spell colour properly:action:) You racist bugger you.
Yea your right, you canucks prolly cannot handle a fast COLOR like black:cheeky1::cheeky1:

#20 ·
imported post

Ya, you know Digger once I find our what "prolly" means, you could be in big trouble !!!!:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

#21 ·
imported post

Well, the SE in Whitby didn't work out. They were only willing to move from $13500 to $13000. The guy wouldn't even let me take it for a ride up and down his street to confirm the gearbox was OK. The bike has been sitting for a year and we had to boost it to start it. Then when I was almost ready to cave in to the 13 G's, they said they weren't going to certify it for that money. I told them they got my number and in the fall when they haven't sold it, give me a call and I'll give them $11500 for it. I guess I'll prolly have to take a road trip to Bainsville to check that one out. Hey Chuck, if your not working yet, are you ready for a 2 day road trip starting this Friday?

#22 ·
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
I guess I'll prolly have to take a road trip to Bainsville to check that one out. Hey Chuck, if your not working yet, are you ready for a 2 day road trip starting this Friday?
:D To bad it didn't work out for ya..

Good luck on the next one... PROLLY better that way:cooldevil:

#23 ·
imported post

Ya buddy I am good to go. Let me know

#24 ·
imported post

Depending on how things go down in Civil War territory I may go home via the 1000 Islands later this week. I don't know if thats close or if I can help. Pop me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.