Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I recentrly removed all of my wiring for my audio system on my 84 Gl1200 aspencade. I wanted to upgrade it and took it all out including the cb radio and all wiring that hooked the two together. I was very careful and didnt cut any wires. The day after I did that, I start my bike up in the morning and the trip meter shows 644 when the night before showed 40 ish because I had just filled up and reset the trip meter before driving home. This happens everytime I shut the bike off completely. I added this post in the goldwing owners forum but noone could figure it out. Maybe it is a short or maybe i just need to unplug it completely and plug it back in. Its not really a problem because I can still watch the gas guage but on the digital gauge it likes to drop 4-5 bars somtimes making me think im on empty only to bump back up 4-5 blocks. Thats y i like the trip meter to keep a better estimate on fill ups. Any other suggestions or anyone have an idea why it would start adding 400-700 miles upon startup??

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
My best guess is it may have something to do with the automatic volume control. It runs off the same speed pulse as the speedometer. Make sure that wire is not grounded or shorted to power anywhere. You may get better answers in the technical forum, PM one of the moderators and have them move it.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
My instinct is that somehow its losing power when you shut off, not retaining memory. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave, any idea what color that wire would be?? When i unplugged the cb radio, i didnt make any notations on what went to where. And i have already sold the cb so i cant reference the back of it to match wire to connections??

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
My instinct is that somehow its losing power when you shut off, not retaining memory. Just a guess though.
You would think it would go to 0 if it lost power but maybe not.
Check the inline 7.5 amp fuse under the left fairing pocket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.