Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I was rear ended today. Very lucky that all I have is a stiff back. I was in a line of cars at an intersection waiting my turn to go. I pulled up to stop sign and the idiot with no license behind me rear ended me. He did have insurance on the car. I dropped the bike from the impact. Bike has about $1400 to $1500 worth of parts to be replaced after looking at the OEM list from what I can tell. I just hope I can get all the parts. I will take it to Honda tomorrow and have them give me an estimate. Going to hit him for everything I can get. I can do all the work myself if I can get the parts. The left side engine guard is going to be the most time consuming replacement. The right saddle bag is cracked on the inside from the taillight being pushed inbut I can salvage it. I have the custom paint on back of saddlebag and don't want to replace it. It would have to be repainted if I can't avoid it although his insurance will pay for it.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I will never understand why other drivers just don't stay back away from a bike, give us some space!

Around here, with my son on the Police Force in town now, there is a lot more awareness......... and a lot more tickets being handed out for cutting drivers off, tail gating and there was another one that he said but I forgot...... It's nice to be protected!

Edit: I forgot, Im sorry about your bike and glad that you are alright, but if your back is stiff now, you better be cautious, more than likely tomorrow it may be worse. But Im glad your OK, the bike can be fixed.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Bike can be fixed...Glad you are ok!!!

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Sorry about your bike take the time to make sure your back is really alright. Nice job in not beating him senseless I know it not the right thing to do. Sometimes they just need it.

Hope you get your bike fixed in good fashion

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Awww man that sucks. I sent a PM. Hopefully the saddlebag stay didn't get tweaked but if it were me, I would be getting that replaced as well. Anytime the saddlebags get disturbed, there is a great possibility that the saddlebag stay (sub frame) got bent as well. A great way to tell is the gap between the saddlebags and the rear center piece and also make sure to check the seams between the saddlebags and sidecovers on each side. If they are off, good chance it may be bent.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Man that sucks, but I'm glad you are OK. As mentioned, take it easy on the back and maybe get checked out. Back problems are nothing to screw with.

Out of curiosity, do you have a brake light modulator?

John

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Not a modulator but I do have two Red LED lights right behind the seat that flashes when brakes are applied. It wouldn't have made a difference in this case. This idiot had been behind me stopped as two cars in front of me made their way though the stop sign. It was my turn to go when he plowed into me. I'm just thankful he didn't push me into oncoming traffic. They are traveling at 45 -50 MPH on Rt 120. It would have been a real mess had that happen.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Wow, thank God you didn't end up in the intersection! Thanks for your reply. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

My worry is getting knocked off the bike and struck by another car that can't stop in time. Glad its not worse!

John

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
imported post

SUE!!! :whip: :X Make the SOB pay BIG TIME ( T F B ) to fn bad . I would have been lying on the pavement calling for an ambulance ! SUE !!!! Then when the police arrived i would have told the police to hold me back because Im going to give this SOB a NY beet down !!!!:whip::X P.S. Don't do any of the work your self That's why there is insurance LET HIM PAY BIG TIME .!!!! and hope the insurance co drops him like a hot potato !!!:whip::X!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Get a good lawyer today and pull all you can get. The back being stiff will hunt you later, don't let them get away with a penny.

edited out direct insult

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Not trying to hijack this thread but...

Kimswang wrote:
........Ref: to LEOs deleted
You do realize that there are quite a few of us as members here right???? I truly hope that this comes from a bad experience you had and isn't directed at all police officers....

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

You were very lucky Parman. I remember being called to an accident scene a few years ago in Dublin. Similar circumstances to your except the car was moving faster and hit a motorcyclist who had stopped to make a turn. The biker ended up under the car with the engine on top of his chest. He was in pain, pleading for the car to be pulled off him. Some of us got the car jack and lifted it so the weight was off the biker. He still died later from severe chest injuries. Only 22 years old as far as I can remember.
If you believe in God Parman, pop down to your place of worship and say a prayer. Light a candle for those not as lucky as yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
Not trying to hijack this thread but...

Kimswang wrote:
........deleted bad insult on LEOs.
You do realize that there are quite a few of us as members here right???? I truly hope that this comes from a bad experience you had and isn't directed at all police officers....
+1

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

Glad you were not too seriously hurt.

As to the repairs, don't just patch up broken pieces, replace them. The insureance is bought and paid for to take care of things like this, use it. Have your bike made right.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

I'm so glad that you were able to "walk away" from it...I would, like mentioned be taking it to my local Honda dealer..I seen where you said you could do it your self, but that's what insurance is for...If the Honda dealer finds any hidden damages, they have the parts to make it right, right then, instead of you having to wait for a parts order to come in...As far as your back, take it easy, do go see a Doctor, before you do anything else, again "hidden damages"....Good thing you had a camera, or your cell phone to take pictures with...If you have to go to court, these pictures with be worth their weight in gold, as far as a settlement is concerned...Just take care of your self first, the rest will fall in place..

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Parman-sorry that happened. No matter what you do, the fact is that accidents suck. I'm glad you are ok.
I say get estimate and let it get fixed as long as you know the dealer and they have a good rep.
As for cops and lawyers. Many people say they hate em till they need one.
Personally the State troopers at the scene of my Bro's recent crash were great. As was the local police that drove him from the hospital to the hotel. My brother is a lawyer. If he is evil-I've yet to see it. He is actually one of the most selfless people I know.
Insurance companies I don't like. But if you're an insurance agent no worries. Most are decent people.
Get well soon.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.