Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ODD!!!!!!!! It has been fine. It’s a new battery and I had just pulled the battery cables the other week and cleaned them because I had a time when the lights would dim out almost to the point of going out completely. After the cleaning it improved remarkably. I had noticed that the lights were dimming again. Not as bad as before but still dimming. When the bike wouldn’t start I of course pulled the side cover and started checking things. With the key just on accessory the radio played just fine with it on the on position the radio quit and pressing the starter button it would click and or the dash lights would flash intermittently and go out at times, turn the key back and it was normal. I called my son, an electrical wizard on cars and trucks and so on, and he said it sounded like a weak or discharged battery. I had changed out the Bakelite piece that held the dog bone fuse when I bought the bike because it was broken. I put a blade type fifty amp fuse holder in place of it. Well I was tightening things that might have been loose and lo and behold the bottom screw that "I" installed was loose. I tightened it but to no avail. I took the screw out and you could see where the electricity was arcing across every time I started it and pitted it. I got a jump from the local store and poof, problem solved. I have it here at work and have already replaced the screw and used two stainless steel flat washers and a silicone bronze lock washer. I'm on vacation this coming week so I'll be able to make the repairs better. Also, I had been having trouble with the cruise AGAIN!!!!!!!! The set light would flash for a brief second then gone. Since I fixed the electrical connection it has not happened once. MAYBE????????

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
imported post

It would be a good idea to check the alt output just to be sure its charging. But with the loose connection that could have been all that was wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.