Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

After my Oct. 4- 08 acident, my bike is all back together. Eight months later I can finally ride my 2000' 1500 se :action: John (jluvs2dive) came over yesterday @ 7;30 am and we removed the old fairing and started replacing damaged parts with new and freshly painted parts. We installed a kisen headlight modulator, a new LOUD seable horn, changed sparkplugs, oil and filter cleaned and reoiled my K an N air filter. My BIL did a great job painting my e-bay fairing, saddlebag lid, right mirrow,trunk lid, and wifes helmet in pearl white. John and I worked till 11:45 pm to get it ready for my inspection with the state patrol today, (the bike was totaled) I could not have put this bike back together without John's help, :? he is a very skilled mechanic, and a very generous, and giving friend. :) John took a few pics. so maybe we'll get some up on here later. Thank you John for all you've done!

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Great to hear you'll soon be out riding your beloved SE again Gregg! :cool: :action:

Kudos and lots of Mana for John. You have a great friend there, Greg:clapper:.... but then again, anyone who has met John, already knew that! ;)

Dusty

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Congratulations!! sothe twin's bike is back on the road!! How did the green accent painting go??? that would be the hard part for me..

And like Dusty.. mana for John...

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Put Michelins on it this time.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
Congratulations!! sothe twin's bike is back on the road!! How did the green accent painting go??? that would be the hard part for me..

And like Dusty.. mana for John...
My BIL did a great job on the paint, but one decal has a wrinkle about 1/2 " long on the saddlebag lid. The green accent areas are decals with clear coat sprayed on top.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Put Michelins on it this time.
Thats my plan rudy, right after my trip next week to San Diego with my 28yo son. were driving down to drop off his zoom splat, (yamaha R-6) (He's moving back down there in august)than two up on the way back. Some ride time along the coast there and back. Nick thinks we'll " switch off " bikes i told him I'll do 50 miles a day on that thing thats it!. Hes' hoping for 5 to 6 hundred miles a day:dude::dude::action: I doubtit.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

NaturallyGW, good to learn the bike is BACK. I will wait for pics.

The headlight modulator and new LOUD horn will offer some peace-of-mind.

Ifjunior rides thezoom-splat 500-600 miles in a day, we will need pics of his butt. :)

Johnsounds like great people, like so many on this site !! :clapper:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Congrats on getting it done. Looking foward to seeing it.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

It's nothing Greg wouldn't have done for me, and in fact he failed to mention how much he's helped me lately, including taking out 5 dead, dieing or uprooted trees, cutting them up and hauling off the pieces, and helping me dig up and diagnose our septic system problems. Anybody willing to mess with a septic system is either getting paid for it or is a good friend. :dude:

It'll be good to have him back on his SE. We've been riding together anyway, but without bike to bike communication, and it's just not the same without hearing him sing his rendition of, "I Can See Clearly Now The Bugs Are Gone". :cheeky1:

Thanks for the kind words!!

John

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

The only thing I can find to say is....Congratulations and good on both of you!!!!

Great friends!!!!
:clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

Popeye wrote:
Ifjunior rides thezoom-splat 500-600 miles in a day, we will need pics of his butt. :)

Now thats a picture I just dont need to see :cheeky1:

I am happy to hear your bike back in riding condition Greg . ITs always good to have fine friends willing to give a hand . Good work John and Greg for taking care of each others projects :clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sorry to have missed your post on Friday Greg. It's great to hear your Big White Wing lives again. Makes me feel good to think of you wiping the bugs off every time you stop.:cooldevil:In fact it makes me feel guilty, I'd better go out in the garage and clean the bugs off mine.:blushing:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

Fianally got around to getting pictures on the web. Shows Greg's bike on the trailer after the estimate and during and after the replacement of the wrecked parts.
Greg's bike restoration pictures

John

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Awesome Greg and John!!! :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

Nice job gents! Thank you for sharing. You should be very proud of your accomplishment. The photos are interesting and educational.

My bike was totaled the same week but I had a bit of an easier job to repair it. Luckily, I did not have to get a special state inspection, or take a salvage title. Don't know why. Anyway, congratulations!

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Very nice job indeed!:clapper:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,793 Posts
imported post

Just got caught up saw this thread. Sure glad to hear that you are going to be back on the road again.

Kudos to those who helped you get there faster
:banana:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

NaturalyGW wrote:
After my Oct. 4- 08 acident, my bike is all back together. Eight months later I can finally ride my 2000' 1500 se :action: John (jluvs2dive) came over yesterday @ 7;30 am and we removed the old fairing and started replacing damaged parts with new and freshly painted parts. We installed a kisen headlight modulator, ............(the bike was totaled)
I am so happy for you, kind of in the same boat here. Hope I get it done in a shorter time. But have to go slow because of insurance *(*&^$^ people. I am very interested in the headlight modulator, where and how much. I was expecting one form someone but seems it's never going to happen. Any info would be great.

Ride safe.

Spider

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.