Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Its true... Burp Hollow, Oregon. I gotta go there. The only drawback is that its not very far away. I think I might hafta find an alternate route...

What are some of the funny place names you have been to or seen? My favourite outside of Oregon is Frostproof, Florida.

Next?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Its true... Burp Hollow, Oregon. I gotta go there. The only drawback is that its not very far away. I think I might hafta find an alternate route...

What are some of the funny place names you have been to or seen? My favourite outside of Oregon is Frostproof, Florida.

Next?
Boring Oregon is. Intercourse and Blueballs PA. Unalaska in Alaska, Onalaska in Washington, Monkey's Eyebrow and Broadbottom in Kentucky. But my favorite has to be Maggie's Nipples in Wyoming.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Is it easier to find Maggies Nipples in the winter?:grinner:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

There is a place in county Kildare here in Ireland called MOON ,,,I have been there on several occasions .....There is a family there called mooney ....So if you ever get to Ireland go to Moon and visit the mooneys ..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Pratts Bottom, Kent.

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Middlefart, Denmark. ( I think the spelling is right, I am sure John will jump on it, if not.)

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

A few of my favorites in Texas.

Seven Sisters, Gun Barrel City, Climax, Wizard Wells, Snuff Ridge, Uncertain, Blowout, Frog, Slabtown, Asphalt Belt Juntion, El Camino, Tarzan, Pluto, Venus and Dime Box.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I've been to Hell and back. When going through Norway on a train we stopped in Hell, Norway, then the train turned around and stoppedin Hellagain before continuing on.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

In Alberta there's a road called "Spread Eagle Road." I saw the sign before riding across the border into Montana.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
A few of my favorites in Texas.

Seven Sisters, Gun Barrel City, Climax, Wizard Wells, Snuff Ridge, Uncertain, Blowout, Frog, Slabtown, Asphalt Belt Juntion, El Camino, Tarzan, Pluto, Venus and Dime Box.
I almost bought a place on Cedar Lake in Gun Barrel City. I liked the name of the place. It's obvious why they have that name, the place is long and narrow, built on both sides of the highway.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Area 51 in Nevada, one wrong turn and they(Air force)will shoot you!

Truth or Consequences, New Mexico!

and every state has a "Lost Lake" never have found one?:baffled:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Well, I'm originally from Bud, West Virginia, been to Tin Cup, Indiana, have pictures somewhere of Frankenstien, Germany, when I drove thru back in my army days, been to Butcher's Hollow, Tenn, Cummings, GA, and if I gave it a little thought, several other places with odd names including Odd, WVa.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
Well, I'm originally from Bud, West Virginia, been to Tin Cup, Indiana, have pictures somewhere of Frankenstien, Germany, when I drove thru back in my army days, been to Butcher's Hollow, Tenn, Cummings, GA, and if I gave it a little thought, several other places with odd names including Odd, WVa.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:
Gene I was in Tin Cup before as well (im from Carmel,IN).

How about BlackWater VA (yes thats right some of the guys dying in Iraq work there).

Its known for great fishing and lots of Rattlesnakes. Oh yeah and some nice riding roads as well!

:jumper:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Zillah, Washington,

Weed, California

Humptulips, Wa

Moclips, Wa

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:

Next?
is Burp hollow anywhere near Drain... always remember riding through drain on my way from Gold Beach to Portland

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy,

Do you know a "Les Harger" from Carmel?

Has an old BSA Lightning!

Use to live on the river sold his house about 7 years ago?:baffled:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.