Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

http://www.cmt.com/videos/robert-earl-keen/39118/merry-christmas-from-the-family.jhtml

Some of y'all Texans might know Robert Earl Keen already. "John Boy and Billy" made him famous about 12-13 years ago when they played this song on their show. I liked it so much I went out and bought his album b/c it came witha copy of thelive version of this songasa single.(Same version in this video)

Whats makes this song so great to me is its so true. This is a pretty accurate description of the Christmas get togethers we had,except that back in those days the folks didn't drink, but the rest of us did!:cheeky1: Now that the folks drink, we always have homemade eggnog w/Crown Royal at the party!:santawaving:

I guess its a Southern thing!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

OK, that was different. All I can say is ....MERRY CHRISTMAS :blackstuff:

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

A lot of truth there. Merry Christmas

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Well isn't that special. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
imported post

After the page loads, instead of watching the vid, we get a message.....:-

COPYRIGHTS RESTRICT US FROM PLAYING THIS VIDEO OUTSIDE THE U.S.

Must be real sensitive stuff inthere, Sean.....:shock::shock:

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
You probably wouldn't get it anyway Chippy!
A bit presumptious I think, Sean.....:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Give him the GOOD recipe, Sean.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Milk, eggs, a touch of vanilla. Then add your choice of, whiskey/regular rum/spiced rum/bourbon/scotch/cognac, or whatever festive flavorings would lie pleasantly upon your palate. While the first 3 ingredients see to your healthy dietary needs, the final ingredient gives you that festive "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" sensation. :santahat:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Southern Comfort makes an egg nog with the liquor already in it thats pretty good, but not as good as homemade.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
Milk, eggs, a touch of vanilla. Then add your choice of, whiskey/regular rum/spiced rum/bourbon/scotch/cognac, or whatever festive flavorings would lie pleasantly upon your palate. While the first 3 ingredients see to your healthy dietary needs, the final ingredient gives you that festive "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" sensation. :santahat:
you mean your only supposed to put in ONE of the final ingredients??????? :doh:I hate choosing.................:shock:

Kevin E

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

A friend of mine In South Africa used to make his eggnog with rum, then leave it until the penicillin started growing on top. He then beat it all in and claimed it got you pissed and cured the clap all at once.

He also kept venomous snakes for a hobby.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

That is just toooo funny.... email me a copy of that song or video :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
That is just toooo funny.... email me a copy of that song or video :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Check your email Digger. I sent you the song as a .wma file.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
Oh My Ears !!!!My Cat sings better than that!!!!!:dude::dude::dude::dude:
He is actually a great songwriter, but couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. ..but that song is made to be sung out of tune!:cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.