Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have tried in the past to make a ride video with various programs but never came up with one to publish. Today I decided to try Window Live Movie Maker. Below is the video I ended up with. I used a GoPro Hero HD video camera and a cell phone Still shot camera to throw this togather.

In the future I plan on using other camera positions to get better effects. This time my GoPro was mounted on the left handle bar. Anyway take a look and let me know what ya think. The video is a little over 6 minutes long. Sorry but I got carried away.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/U6oi5evQDZs

Thanks for watching!

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

Nice job on the movie,Im snow bound up here and these videos help with my PMS...............parked motorcycle syndrome

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nice footage there and it brought back memories for me.
I like the fact that you mixed up the film and stills, not giving us too long on one bit of film or pictures. There is nothing worse on a road trip video than hours of uncut video of wind noise and some rubbish music playing from the stereo, straining to overcome the wind. Mind you, I am a fine one to talk, that is the sort of movie I end up making, since I wouldn't know how to edit it in any way.

:claps::claps::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
imported post

Very nicely done, excellent clear video, well done.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

I'm going to have to get one of those Go Pro cameras. Sharp photos and great colors! Very nice video!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Good job! I like the mix of stills and movies.

It's nice to live so close to the BRP isn't it? A great place to ride whenever the weathers nice. We rode a bit of it last weekend. I need to get my trailer done so we can camp out next summer. I plan on spending a lot of weekends out there next summer.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

A+ :applause:,,,,,,

I agree on the great quality of the clear, sharp, pics. Those Go-Pro's are becoming a big hit.

I've used Movie Maker also. And I have to get the ambition to start another one from this past trip to NASSIR. Only I do mine in slideshow cause video uses too much space on the SD card.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Dude, that's an awesome job... can I link to it from my website? Are you using a GoPro camera?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

THANK YOU for sharing!!! How ever I live in Nevada so you will have to tell me what all that green stuff is????

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

Awesome!! I wish I could do that...I'm just learning how to use a cell phone.............

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Wow! Thanks everyone, what a great response. Now I will answer a couple of the questions.

Q. Jobe05: It's nice to live so close to the BRP isn't it?

A. Yes!! It is a blessing to have the BRP this close. I can ride to the Blue Ridge in less than 2 hours or head down to the Coast in about 4 hours. Great location!

Q. US385south: Dude, that's an awesome job... can I link to it from my website? Are you using a GoPro camera?

A. Yes by all means link it to your website. Yes I am using the GoPro Hero HD. This year they came out with the Gopro Hero2! More powerful than mine but more money, so I will stay with what I have.
---------------

Q. Marcus Bacon: THANK YOU for sharing!!! How ever I live in Nevada so you will have to tell me what all that green stuff is????

A. That green stuff is slime from all the rain... Oh wait, you mean the trees!! We love our trees but it seems like everytime I turn around the loggers have messed up more mountain sides. There are still trees as far as you can see. Just beautiful to stare at them.

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
imported post

that was the next best thing to being there, nice job and thanks for sharing:applause:

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

I see those Gopro cameras being used on TV Shows. I saw one on Wardens the other night and I have noticed them a few other times. They look to do a very nice job.

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

DougW wrote:
I see those Gopro cameras being used on TV Shows. I saw one on Wardens the other night and I have noticed them a few other times. They look to do a very nice job.

Yea, they seem to use them in dangerous or tight conditions. The Show Dirty Jobs uses them in tight or filthy areas. For the money they have great video quality and with the waterproof case that is included you can take it into the rain orwater.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.