Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I found a pic of my 81 cx500 custom. It was the first bike I ever bought off the showroom floor.

Those were good bikes...

My wife and I were talking a milk and cookies break on a run in the mountains outside Denver.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I've always liked the looks of those older Hondas.

Our local dealer has been in business shortly after the Ark landed and has a private collection of old motorcycles of all types. I really like seeing those when they have an open house and roll some out.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
imported post

That also was my first bike. Same color, same year. It was between that or the Goldwing, but in my simple mind the Goldwing was for old people. Keep in mind that I was only 27. But two yearslater I was ready for the 83 Standard. The 500 was great but just not enough for two people.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I had one of those "HondaGuzzi"s also. Mine was a DeLuxe with I think a bigger tank but not as nice looking as the Custom.

In Atlanta during the summer of 1981, I remember reving the engine to cool it at the stop light.

1000rpm per 10 mph.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I like the blue one better:cooldevil::cooldevil:

Attachments

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I paid $1800 for mine, as it was on the floor a year or two past 81

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I don't remember how much I paid....I think a little over 2300.....and it was a 83-84???? but it was a blast until I went down on it.....I faired well, but the bike had to be put down:(:crying:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Paid a nice guy in Ohio 1200 for this one 3 years ago. 7,000 miles. Runs great and my son loves it. It's now his first "new" bike. 7,000 miles on a 25 year old bike has to be considered "new". Easily does 70-75 mph on the open road. Consistently does 60-65 mpg (Imp), 50+ U.S.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Sure get a lot of looks when the 2 of us pull up to a light. Just like A&W, Papa and Teen!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

My first new bike was a C110 Super Cub, bought in April 1963, rode to school every day. Weekends would get together with other kids on 50's and ride the foothills around Oroville for hours on end. :waving:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.