Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the group and just bought my first 'Wing. It is a solid black 1983 Interstate with 95k. I bought it cheap but it starts, stops, and shifts just fine. Some of the aftermarket chrome is iffy but that's ok. I haven't gotten my Clymer manual yet so I do have some questions....I'll search the boards before I ask though. I have already found some answers on this board.

About me, I live in Eastern Missouri, USA. I'm in my mid 50's and also own a 77 750A and a 78 400A that I also just bought. I've been riding most of my life and prefer a gently curvy back road to the open highway. With that being said, I also just got the Interstate and did find the highway ride home to be much more enjoyable than on my 750.

I want to close by thanking Mr. Saunders for this site. It is well thought out and hopefully will remain immune from spammers. I'm convinced that there is a special place for those folks. In my mind it is a place inhabited by TV evangelists, ex-wives, career politicians, and just about every lawyer I've ever met.

Regards,

Randy

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
73,634 Posts
Hallo beermebeerme1

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Welcome:waving:beermebeerme1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Ireland is on my list of places to go. The wife has been twice and is 2nd generation Irish American...smart, feisty, and freckled in just the right places. :) I'm looking forward to riding in the spring. I have some basic maintenance to do but that is just part of the adventure.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Welcome to the forum "Beermebeerme1" coming to you from central IL. Hope you enjoy your wing. There is a really big difference between the old 750 and the 1100. I made that same upgrade several years ago. I will also say there is just as much of a difference with an upgrade from the 1100 to the 1500 as well.:action:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the ride!

Show us some pics when you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
:waving:Greetings from N.Idaho and welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the internet. If used, this forum will supply you with great information and hours of simple entertainment.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Welcome to the forum from IL.

Ride safe :action:

Parman
:15magenta:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

Welcome from Alberta.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico. :waving:
There is L-O-T-S of good info on these forums that will help you along.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.