Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:action:I am now going on my second year as a winger, after about 25 years out of the saddle. I still remember how it felt to ride it home from Atlanta. I was in a state of pure joy all the way home! Everything was familiar, the sound the power, the "tight to the road" feel of a big bike.I was forced to go with a trike due to bone problems, but by Jobe I was in the wind! Since that Monday evening on, I was totally absorbed by the machine, and it's changes it went through since I sold my first wing,a 80 interstate,naked. People would ask,"Hey, is that a Volkswagon engine?" I was blown away by the difference in power.After a week or so, I decided to start the endless journey into "Goldwing Maintanance", to get things done that the PO may have neglected,and to get more familiar with the bike/trike.First off, I got a shop manual.Then one evening, I was surfin the web for any kind of goldwing or motortrike info I could find.I Googled "goldwing forums", and landed here. I am addicted to the place now, I check it every day, several times. I have come here to tell my friends the first time we almost became a hood ornament on a Suburban who turned left in front of me.We survived that disaster, because I had readof John's(AZ1500) near death experience only a few days prior. I got my maint. caught up, and help getting through it, right here. I was bid HappyBirthday from friends all over the globe,that I met right here.Got prayers and support when my daughter went through cancer and a double mastectomy,right here.Too much more to list,but you get the idea.In all my days, and that's alot of days, I have never felt more welcome,more informed, and just generally happy, than when I am either riding with my wife, or sittin here with all of you.And I really mean that.It's not a Prozac moment either!I just wanted to tell you all, before time passed, and I never got to. Long live theforum! If anyone ever comes though Alabama,shoot me a PM, I'll be right here! jimsjinx:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Thats what i need to get, a trike. Dreaming I remember the 1st Wing I bought in N/C. It was warn in Alabama, Im glad I carried a good coat. It was kinda cold on April 16th, 08. Lasted 39 minutes due to a bambi running out on the other side of the road around a curve, and a car coming over into my lane. Couldnt do nothing bite the ditch at 25mph. Tried riding the white line as far as I could on 19, but even it run out, was gonna try to simply Lay it down on its side, as I have done occasoionally, but hit a hidden rock in the grass. Prettist mint Wing I ever owned. Cosmetically totated the bike. Wrecker bent a fork towing it. I went through the windwshield, don't remember much after that, other than waking up and was putting the neck brace on me. I had my jacket on, and the Golgwing Jacket that come with the Wing on. I do not even remembering how they got them off. Didn't cut them either. Spent 2 days in the hospital in Swain County. I ended up with the Wing in my Avitar.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Damned shame bro, but glad you're still here!! jimsjinx

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,666 Posts
imported post

Aye,

I can agree. This forum has been a bellwether for me.

It really helped me to put it all back together after my accident. (some will question this statement :D )

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I can't agree more,,,,,,,,, this forum proves there really are good people out there. I don't know if I would have made the trip out west if it wasn't for all the inspiration I received from all the members here.

And now I plan to do it again,,,,,,,, and again,,,,,,and again,,,,,,and again,,,,,, and,,,,well,,,,,,,, you get the pictrure;)

BTW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Iliked the other "winker" before this one

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hey there AZ! I saw your pic of your ride before the incident. Man she was nice.I hope you get another even better, if that's possible. You still kinda mulling around with the idea of going to a trike? It's unfortunate for some to have to sell thiers cause of bad times, but I'm seeing more for sale around here.jimsjinx

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,666 Posts
imported post

JimsJynx,

I'm not sure yet.

Think I will go rent me an 1800 for a while and get my feel for riding back in sorts.

Probably be a good idea to take a copy of that picture of me on my 1500 to show the rental shop that I can ride a big bike :action:

Then when it gets just a tad bit warmer take my Fair Lady out for a spin and see if she can feel comfortable on a two wheeler.

I still want just a two wheeler, but if push comes to shove, I will go with a trike and not complain.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Sounds like a good plan! Keep your eyes peeled, cause I'm afraid alot of riders are gonna be forced to sell. Let me know when you and your Madonna go for that spin! Jim

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

It is sometimes hard to find the feeling of warmth and friendship that can be achieved with a great group of folks. I believe that Goldwinger's like other dedicated groups can provide that support as you have indicated. I know I have felt like another kid in a family since I arrived on this forum as well.

Of course, I do wonder if God will have Wings in heaven so we can keep riding. :>)

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

Ok, it's official, I'm now a true Goldwing rider! I came home today after reading this forum and stopped the bike so I could open the garage door. When I went to get off the bike I hit the shifter and the bike jerked forward. I held onto the bike and managed to just set it down in the driveway rather than drop it. I then used the butt lift to get it back up by myself. I learned that too from reading this forum.

Oh well, now I know it's my bike and I've arrived. :dude:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the club Duffy!!!!:waving::waving:Glad it was just the gentle type of fall for you.

Of course, hopefully jimsjinx will have no idea what the "club" is all about, if he did, I would be mightily impressed!!!!:shock::cheeky1:

Not a bad site here I suppose.... I drop in from time to time... not often you understand!!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,666 Posts
imported post

I've never done that before :D

Yeah, right.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.