Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Is that possible? I removed to clean up calipers etc. when going to put back it has such a big fold that I cannot get it in.. Am I going crazy?? help!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

not sure what you cleaned it with, but anything other than brake fluid, like brake cleaner or solvents will swell up the seals.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

Are you putting back the old ring or a new one? I had the same problem when replacing with a new one... turned out to be the wrong sized ring in the kit.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

eyeswideshut wrote:
Are you putting back the old ring or a new one? I had the same problem when replacing with a new one... turned out to be the wrong sized ring in the kit.
just tryin to put back the old one.. Actually I read your thread about your new one.. Thanks for asking. I looks a lot bigger than the other side by far.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Wait a couple days and the swelling just might go down.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Unfortunately I guess, this o-ring has sat inside my house in a box for a few weeks. What do ya think about soaking in alcohol?

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

morriscatt wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:
Unfortunately I guess, this o-ring has sat inside my house in a box for a few weeks. What do ya think about soaking in alcohol?
You didn't say what was used... In one case, I used "brake cleaner" and the same thing happened, but after sitting for a week or so in open air, it went back to normal size.. can't say that it was or wasn't stil damaged, but the size was okay..

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Yea, I think I did use brake cleaner on it. Thought I read somewhere that it was ok to use on it.. Oh well.live and learn. Guess I'll try soaking in Alcohol tomorrow unless someone comes up with another idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.