Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The starter on my 1998 1500 SE stays engaged some times. I replaced the starter solenoid B and the battery, everything was good for a few weeks and than it did the samething starter stayed engaged even with the motor running turned switch off and keep running. If we push it off to start it theres no problem, any ideals on this

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Does the large wire of the starter relay to the starter stay at 12v? What about the smaller wires? It could be the starter button is not breaking contact when released.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

the frist time it did it i could not get it shut down and had smoke out of the starter solenoid B. Someone told me I needed to replace starter solenoid A is there 2 starter solenoids on this bike? Iwas going to replace the starter switch just in case it might be bad

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Take the lead to the starter off the relay so that you can test the relay without spinning the starter. Now see if the relay clicks on and off with the starter button. Does the starter button feel sticky at all?

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

I have rplaced both A & B, in solving that problem .Last time I had a problem it was the start button stuck . Old bikes , its always something to keep you on your toes . Then again at 183K miles I suppose mines been started a few times .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.