Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The tears were rolling down our cheeks todaywhen the Honda People from the UK called to take my neighbours :18red:away. A Big white box body truck which had three other :18red:eek:n board. They left hima '05loan :18grey:which must be the worst colour in the :18red:range. My neighbour said to me, now John what do you think of that colour. :crying: I took it for a spin around the Island and it must be the slowest colour i have ever driven. :whip: Honda call it silver, :stumped:but it doesn't compare to my neighbours silver S340 Mercedes :weightlifter:it's like Battle Ship Grey. :realshocked:The only good point was that thereisBRIDGESTONE tyres fitted on her.

The two guys from Honda were really nice, :clapper:and of course my neighbour brought them into his house :dance:and had them fed before leaving on their long journey.:cooler:One of them looked at my Honda 50 and said, "That was the best bike that Honda ever built" . :clapper:Honda will ring my neighbour when his :18red:has been checked and arrange a suitable time to return her.

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

know how he feels m8 - mind if it is the same two guys that picked up my bike then it is in good hands - the engineers that are doing the work are pretty good as well - Simon is one of them they know what they are talking about which helps LOL The colour could have been worse m8 they gave me a black one as a loaner:?:?:?

Rgds

Phil

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Hope your neighbours bike is returned soon. I can understand how painful it is for you to have to ride a loaner thats the wrong colour. You would think at least they would have loaned him a RED one. How inconsiderate of them! Better be careful Redwing, they might sneak back and steal your Honda 50.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I'm sure they were "Eyeballing" that "50" pretty hard!!

And they don't need the "Tow Truck " to snatch it, just a "Back Pack" !!!!:goofygrin:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Went for a short 200 mile spin today on this loan :18grey:that my neighbour has from Honda UK. :clapper:There are acouple of changes on her compared to the '02 :18red:, which we were not informed about. The first very noticeable difference is that the side stand is slightly shorter, :stumped:she lies over on her side much deeper. Another change is :weightlifter: there is no delay when setting the cruise control. :jumper: The other change is, there is no switch to turn on the headlights, :doh:they come on to the dipped position when the ignition is switched on. :cooler: I think the US :18red:works like that. When i returned home again i felt tired :(i put that down to the fact that the loan:18grey: doesn't have the Utopia Backrest fitted :clapper:eek:r the Handle Riserslike my neighbours:clapper:I enjoyed my spin, but we are looking forward to the return of the fastest colour :18red:to the Island.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

My heart goes out to you Redwing..

My main squeeze asked me why I felt the way about my Aspy that I do.. I told her I was actually in LOVE with the bike.. So she asks why... Well, needless to say, I ended up rambling on so much, she just turned around and walked away..

I think she felt she had been replaced.... LOL!!!!!!:cooler:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

The least they could have done was loaned him a
:18yellow:YELLOW:18yellow:

one. After all, it is the best color. :cooler:

Sorry Redwing:badgrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Went for a short 200 mile spin today on this loan :18grey:
So how many laps around the island was that?:stumped:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hey "Senior Guru" We have a nice big Island quite close to us called Ireland, and it's quite easy to find 200 miles on it. :stumped: I hope that answers your question. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Hey Redwing I was at the British Treffen in Norwich and went on the Parade of nations run to Lowestoft. The lady Mayoress liked the colour red so much that she awarded my candy red 1800 the prize for 'Best in Show.' Not bad considering the quantity and quality of the other bikes on show.

:clapper:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Hey Littlejohn :waving:Welcome back to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

I was beginging to think that you had sold your :18red:Gosh we haven't seen or heard from you since away back last July '05. :stumped:

Well thats aprize that i will never receive as i will never own an :18red: Well done on your award :clapper: but all wings are pretty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.