Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My new bike is waiting for me in the guy's garage. I went to check it out this morning. It is dirty as heck. it needs a carburetor rebuild. And it certainly needs a heck of a lot of time under a pressure-washer...lol

But heck, it is complete and totally decked out. And considering I got it for only $1,000...I'm happy. So, did I do good?...lol

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
imported post

if the carbs are not leaking, you may want to try some seafoam and see if that helps it run smoother.
Congrats, she looks great!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

You can go to jail for stealing Goldwings!! Seriously though, in my neck of the woods you would be paying at least $2500. for that bike. Even after spending a few bucks to get it the way you want it ...it will still be a good deal. One thing you might want to consider first is timing belts. If you dont have documented proof that they were changed in the recent past you should change them......Good insurance. Of course the usual, fluid and filter changes will be in order. You mentioned "pressure washer" I would exercise some caution with that as they can remove paint ,damage electrics and wash grease from wheel bearings. The Gl1100's are a tough bike and you will enjoy it I'm sure.............GM

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

If under the dust she is anything like as good as she looks in the pictures then you havew yourself a bargain there frook and your site name should be changed to fluke!!!:clapper::clapper:

I look forward to seeing some pictures in the gallery of her all cleaned up and as the others have said, try running some cleaner through the carbs before getting too involved in stripping them down, they may not be too varnished up.

The other maintenance items are a must and then you will be ready to rock and roll!!!:action::action:

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Very nice frook! :action:

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

I missed a deal on a bike like that about year ago, still kicking myself :)

Nice looking bike.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
imported post

I'll give you $1050 for it! :) Looks great, good luck with it.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

well done frook the best of luck with it and safe rideing i dont see why a bit of tender loveing care wont shine her up real pretty as said go easy on the pressure washer a good bucket of soapy water and soft brush will do just as good now you have to change your profile from none at present to a proud goldwing owner

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
imported post

i would not have sold it to you for that small amount....*grin*

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
imported post

Congratulations, Take your time getting it back into tip top shape. I have found the journey to be as good as the destination. Once I get there I want to fix another one. I have 2 on the waiting list

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.