Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I couldn't past this one up. Only had 1500 miles on it when it was repo'd.

It's been sitting in the warehouse with no takers and after getting theprice

down from $4800 to $3200 I had to take it home.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Looks really sweet. Fast just dripping off of it. Remember, Bad things happen fast. be careful.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Nice! What year is that and is it a 600? My son in San Diego has an '06 600RR.

John

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yep, it's an 06 600rr. I've only had a few rides on it so far but I can feel the power is a bit more than my 94 F2 (sitting on the left). I can do consistent 10.11/.12s on the F2 so who knows what this one will do.

For those of you that have never ridden a sport bike, I actually feel safer on them than the Wings. The handling and ability to disappear is much better than a Wing. Plus no distractions like CB radio intercom or what ever. And as far as the fast part, we all know the most common place to get wacked is in an intersection or the good old left turn in front of you, neither have much to do with speed. This is my fourth sport and I think maybe last if it runs as good as it looks

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
imported post

That's a great deal! I'm thinking about getting something a little more 'sporty' next year, but I really can't justify the insurance and the cost of tires every 3-4K.

·
Premium Member
61,449 Posts
imported post

What a steal.. It looks like it's doing 80 parked at the curb..
Love the look.. Had to get rid of my ST before it get me..
Old bones don't heal fast..........

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

As much as I would enjoy it, I could never own a sport bike. I like speed too much and it would get me in trouble again. Made a promise to myself years ago that I wouldn't go that route again. Have fun and be safe.

John

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

As much as I enjoy riding the Wings, the sports are a whole other trip. Yes the throttle demands attention as do the brakes and I've found myself merging at 100+ more than a few times but still the sports are so much closer to true motorcycing. My insurance isn't too bad since I have a good riding record and tires are less than $200 a set mounted. Plus now I've got a different bike to ride to work each day!

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike there! You got a great deal!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Ah yes, I remember those days, hurts to think about it now. Have fun on your 'sweet' machine. At least that is what my kids say now-a-days. Really, it looks great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.