Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here is a picture of my new ride. 2006 GL1800. My son bought this bike about a year ago then inlisted in the Army and just before leaving for basic training he gave me his payment book! Yes, I co-signed so I guess it's mine now! this pic was taken Somewhere in Arkansas we found a White River access and drove down to it. Somewhere near Mountain View, Ark.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Nice looking wing there....

And Thanks for your son serving our country!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Nice looking scooter!!!:applause:

Thank you to your family and your son for his service!! :claps:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Enjoy!!!!!!:action:

·
Premium Member
61,458 Posts
imported post

Good looking and the Fastest color.........

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

judd wrote:
dig the black, how do you like the bike ? Compared to the 15 ?
Well, there are a lot of small things that I like about the 1800 and a few I don't like. The problem was I really liked the 1500, it has more storage space in the saddle bags and trunk. The raw power of the 1800 will most likely get me into trouble. It is lighter and handles smoother. They are both very simular but different, I know that does no help. The 1800 has the ipod hook up so i can listen to my toons and the speakers are a lot better, the CD player in the 1500 was not very good, everytime I hit a bump it skipped etc. The 1800 has the cursad front end low speed wobble that Honda won't do nothing about. But i'm getting used to it. Ihave bought the new front steering bearings and will put them in the winter. I just wish someone would buy my 1500. The 1800 uses a little oil, something my 1500 never did.

Also, Black was not my choise of color, shows the dust too bad. But it matches my wifes bike so I guess that is a plus now. I miss my corbin seat on the 1500 so I will be saving fro a corbin for this one. (1000.00)

Sorry if i am not much help. Just my rambling thoughts.

Randy

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

I would say your thoughts are accurate. mine does not use a drop of oil in 8,000mi.

enjoy and tell your son THANK YOU for his service.

sell the 1500 Corbin seat and put the stock seat on the bike. I bet there is a bigger market for a corbin seat than a 1500 with a corbin seat

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Congrats and thanks from my family to your son for serving our country!!:bow:

John

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Hidepounder wrote:
judd wrote:
dig the black, how do you like the bike ? Compared to the 15 ?
Well, there are a lot of small things that I like about the 1800 and a few I don't like. The problem was I really liked the 1500, it has more storage space in the saddle bags and trunk. The raw power of the 1800 will most likely get me into trouble. It is lighter and handles smoother. They are both very simular but different, I know that does no help. The 1800 has the ipod hook up so i can listen to my toons and the speakers are a lot better, the CD player in the 1500 was not very good, everytime I hit a bump it skipped etc. The 1800 has the cursad front end low speed wobble that Honda won't do nothing about. But i'm getting used to it. Ihave bought the new front steering bearings and will put them in the winter. I just wish someone would buy my 1500. The 1800 uses a little oil, something my 1500 never did.

Also, Black was not my choise of color, shows the dust too bad. But it matches my wifes bike so I guess that is a plus now. I miss my corbin seat on the 1500 so I will be saving fro a corbin for this one. (1000.00)

Sorry if i am not much help. Just my rambling thoughts.

Randy
Nice bike, but I'm wondering about that oil usage, since I've owned 4 different wings, and none of them ever used any oil, even with a couple of them going over 200K, I would have to start looking for a reason. Hope it does well for you.:claps:

Gene:action:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.