Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Back on the 19th I ordered a rear tire from Americanmototire. I had previous good service from them with a tire being delivered in less than 5 days.

Well this time, it took 12 days. I have it on the rim ready to go back on the bike tomorrow morning.

I ordered a Kendra Kruz and am very happy with the looks of the tire. It has 4 ply sidewalls, 5 ply tread and is rated for a little over 800#. Speeds to 130.

It is supposedly a extended mileage tire, but only time will answer that. It does have very deep tread.

Now on a second note. I have had slime in my tire for about 6 months and removing the old tire was a major chore. The inside of the old tire and the rim were very nasty with all the slime and I have to say that there was places I had to scrape the slime off.

I believe that someone who had a tire with slime in it and didn't go thru a tire very fast could find serious damage done to the rim. It seems that any place the rim might have had a small nick in the aluminum, the slime attached itself to that spot and then would in the end cause severe corrosion.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Well, if you have the tire in and got it on the rim and ready to go......what you moaning about??:baffled::baffled:

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: That is surprising on Americanmoto tire, mine came in about 4 to 5 days after ordering.......how was the price compaired to Dunflops??

Happy New Year!!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

$95.00 delivered. I ordered this one instead of the,,,

Oh my Gawd if Redwing reads this,,,,,

A bridgestone,,, because I knew if I kept the mileage up that I've been doing, I would have to buy another one just before heading to Montrose in Sept. I just don't know what the economy is going to bring between now and then.

So I bought one and said if it only last 6 to 8000 so be it.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Not a bad price, inline with what I paid........well, glad you got it and can get back to winging!!:)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Slime is a well known bad product and is very corrosive to the rims. I have used Ride/On for a long time, it will not ever harm your rims.

Kit

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

I've always heard good feedback about americanmototire, i bet it was not their fault your shipping took that long. everyone is very busy this month :p

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I figured that the Christmas rush didn't help with the shipping. My only real beef with AMT is that they didn't respond to a couple emails I sent asking when they thought it would be shipped.

The Kendra is made in Taiwan.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

I put a Kenda Kruz on my 1200 a couple of months ago, and I've been pleasantly surprised..I've yet to find fault with it and I've put at least 5,000 miles on it so far...I think I'm going to try one on the front...

Happy New Year to ALL!!

Chester Gunn/Chula,GA

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I took my 1200 out for a test ride with the new tire. So far I'm happy with it. The feel is different from the Bridgestone. I think the Kendra has more of a rounded profile, but I could be wrong.
I wanted to get a few miles in on her to let it seat good before I took her east to a road I know that is really twisty for Florida.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

I just ordered a rear Dunlop 404 from AMT. Have bought a couple of tires from them always had great service. And at $82 delivered to my door it's hard to go somewhere else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.