Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1990 GL1500 about a month ago... I was in bad shape as someone had taken the word "Goldwing" to a new lewvel with rattle can gold paint... Not the good paint but cheap dollar store paint and painted all chrome and bling gold... Also the front area behind the wheel all gold... What a Fuktard... With the help of a friend,,, we removed all painted chrome and restored it back... I took scoot to my mechanic,,, Jim's Cycle Shop in No. Fort Myers and he went through it... replaced a lot of vacuum lines that were leaking,,, synces and adjusted the carbs and changed the rear end oil... The bike came out today and it runs like new... purrs down the road... If you live in the area and need an honest factory trained mechanic,,, give him a call... 239-995-1000... He is very good...

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Its unconventional but thats the point, at least i used VHT fuel proof gold on my bikes rims and lower metal panels. My rims were BADLY oxidized, after hours of scrubbing they were still pitted, so i decided to paint mine, and i switched to carbon fiber kevlar brake pads.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.