Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here it is, my new '82 interstate. Hopefully I did ok for $1800. After having it less than a day ive found some issues and wish I would have picked it up for 1500 but its hard to find a 30yr old bike here in iowa that isnt ate up for less than 2k. Time will tell but should be fun tearing into it this winter. Not my first bike, nor my first honda, but my first wing!

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

VERY Pretty. Nice condition GL-1100.

I wouldn't fret over the purchase price. $1,500, $1,800. A few months from now, you won't remember/care.

Be sure to share the issues with the bike here, and if any GL1100 sharpies here can help, we will.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
imported post

Congrats on the new scoot.

That isone gorgeous bike!

As I've aged and matured, I've discovered that it's not all about what you pay for an item (or how many materials thingsyou own). The true measure of a 'good deal' is the amount of enjoyment you receive compared to what you sacrificed to obtain it.

I'm kinda' 'ole skool' and I like older bikes, cars, etc. Of the three bikes that I own, I enjoy riding the oldest ('85 GL1200I) the most.

That being said, I'm sure you will get the 'issues' worked out (this forum is a great source of info).

Ride safe and happy holidays!

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

congrats on your buy. up here in ny its harder to find one in that kind of shape that you just bought yours. so enjoy it and ride.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike, and I agree, it's worth the price, don't fret it. I bet you could list that for $2500 and get it.

What are the issues?? How Many Miles?

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

well it look'''''s like $1800 well spent dollars
I'm shure you would have like to pick it up for $900 to but it is what it is nice buy
Wilf

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Nice looking Wing. Sure wish my 86-I was that well preserved... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

32k miles. Right now I'm just having some intermittent starting problems, hopefully just a bad connection. Also the rear brake is sticking bad. Needs caliper and master cylinder rebuilt probably along with new lines and pads.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike. Good color. I also like the old school bikes. I may buy a newer bike, but I'll never get rid of my '85 Aspy. Let us know what your issues are with the bike. There's tons of knowledge on this site.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

firebrick wrote:
32k miles. Right now I'm just having some intermittent starting problems, hopefully just a bad connection. Also the rear brake is sticking bad. Needs caliper and master cylinder rebuilt probably along with new lines and pads.
Check the caliper slide pins to make sure they are clean and lubed. That is the no. 1 culprit for stuck brakes. BTW, you did good for $1800 with low mileage.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,654 Posts
imported post

You did very good with that buy.

You found a well preserved and maintained Goldwing.

All of them have some kind of issue, don't fret the minor things. Just fix them and go on and enjoy it forever.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

The seat is wrong. This one may have come off a different era GW as it does not fit close against the tank. Maybe I can find a correct black one somewhere.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Anyone else have a pic of how their seat fits their 1100? His seat is like 4 inches back from the tank on this bike, just dont look right. (refer to pic #1 above) I dont remember my 1100 seat fitting that way at all...Almost looks like it might be a 1000 seat instead of a 1100...Any ideas guys?

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Not sure, but I believe the seat is adjustable with 3 settings. If so it may push up against the tank.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Nice bike. I loved that color when it first came out and still do.

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

The seat is most likely just pushed all the way back. My '81 looks much like that. I would leave that seat on it. The color looks great with the rest of the bike.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.