Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have uploaded a series of photos in my album...Basically, a front-engined, rear wheel drive trike, using a Mustang 2 front end (built for a 32 ford), and a 57" drive shaft to the rear wheel...Entire frame is hand built...Reverse is supplied by a 4+ hp electric motor belted via a centrifugal clutch to the drive shaft....Hope to have this off the lift by late fall. I am not sure how to link this thread to the album, so please excuse my unfamiliarity with this site.

Edward

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking a look...I'm very anxious to get it going, but much work to do before then. Testing on the lift doesn't really do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Pretty impressive,
I saw something similar in Southlake Texas a while bac but looked like an wing fuel tank but sounded like a wing motor.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Front engine, rear drive?....Would love to find that one and compare notes.....
Thanks
Edward
I only saw it at a stoplight but it did sound like the operator set forward of the motor.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
awesome build - your welding skills are apparent!!! Can't wait to see the finished project... I'm in eastern TN - maybe we can do a meet and lunch when your project is complete...

Les

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only saw it at a stoplight but it did sound like the operator set forward of the motor.
There's no doubt that a rear motor setup would be a 1000% easier. My goal was to do something not done before with a Goldwing motor...(At least I don't think it has been done).
Right now I'm working on the body sub panels...
While I would have loved to do a sheet-metal body, I don't have the body tools or experience with compound curves in sheet metal...It takes a real metal artist for that...I've done quite a lot of fiberglass, so that's where I'm going with it.
Still quite a bit of mechanical fabbing to go, but I think 2/3rds behind me.
Thanks all for your interest.
Edward

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome build - your welding skills are apparent!!! Can't wait to see the finished project... I'm in eastern TN - maybe we can do a meet and lunch when your project is complete...

Les
Would be great to meet you...We were in Benton, Tn. , two weeks ago with our British car club.
Edward

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have added a few updated photos in my "album", including start of body work, floors and seat and back....
No photos, but have also added hydraulic parking brake,, cable and lever.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A lot of folks want the modern look like the Bombardier 3-wheeler....I've always been in love with the Morgan 3 wheelers, but thought that a water-cooled old-school three wheeler would be fun to do....
Thanks for taking a look.
Edward

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Photo updates in gallery

I have added some updated photos in the gallery...Getting close to being ready for fiberglass.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trike is done?...16 mos. into build....

Well
I hope it's done....I will try to post some photos here, but don't know how....
I've been posting in the Gallery, but last time it kicked me off the forum....
Edward

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts