Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the note...Life has gotten "in the way", and delayed final work, but I'm really hoping for a trial run soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Video of my maiden test run

All went pretty well....In my haste, I forgot to check the tires, so low tires caused ground clearance issues, but not enough to stop the test....
Then, due to a loose and backward reverse belt, my electric reverse did not work right...I also had an issue with the exhaust tips ....
All of these items have now been addressed....
Here's the video link on u-tube....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
There may be a slight miss due to lack of use...The project has been in the works for 16 mos., and the engine has probably not been run a total of 40 minutes over that period....
Due to my inexperience with the Snoopy car, I probably was not getting on it as I should....Plugs may already be fowled...I have not checked them.
Thanks for watching....
Edward

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well, over a year later, and after trying over and over to get the four carbs to work correctly (I believe that #4 may have a cracked body), I decided to commit heresy and convert to a Pict 34 , VW-style carb and manifold...Way more carb than I need, so tuning was involved, but tests show tremendous promise. It seems to run perfectly, but will have to do a driving test when weather improves..I think it looks cool, too.
I have attached a photo...
Edward
Goldwing mine242.JPG

21 - 31 of 31 Posts