Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Spent a day in the woods yesterday, cutting trail for my club's enduro race, and boy are my arms tired! I nick-named the section "The Vineyard", I expect it will produce many fine "wines" come January!

If any of you guys want to see how the other half rides, lemme know. I can promise you a fun weekend in the SC woods, and premium views of the race while the woods are closed to spectators. Saturday is the kids races, and Sunday is the big show. We are expecting between 500-700 riders.

For those who dont know, the enduro is a race where speed is expressed as a factor of time elapsed over the known distance, and points are assigned based on being late {bad} and being early {really bad!}. Like golf, low score wins. Our race is one of the toughest around, in fact last year we put the national champion at 38 points, where most races he is in single digits! 2008 Enduro of the Year!

Camping is cheap and you can pack a site to capacity. Dont know anyone to help pack a site? Come stay at mine! 130 sites with hook-ups means there should be no generators! "Yew doan kno nuttin" 'til you've enjoyed an January evening with live bluegrass music playing, a great BBQ dinner, and a huge bonfire burning in the cut-off cupped end of a railroad tanker car!

Christian Motorcycle Association riders from around the state, hosted by chapter 318 the Mission Riders, will be volunteering to help {Way big thanks to them, dont know what we would do without 'em!}, running their coffee stand and helping out in so many ways! Helping out in registration, camping check-in, selling t-shirts, praying blessings both public and personally with the racers just before the start, they are EVERYWHERE! You wont be the only street bikers there!

{many of us dirt bikers ride the roads too, ya know!}
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,524 Posts
imported post

Most of us riders cut our teeth on dirt :cheeky1:At 12 years old I was riding street bikes in the dirt that we striped down, because there were no dirt bikes:skipping:around. Wish I could come out but that would be one heck of a ride for me just to get there.:santawaving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,502 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Most of us riders cut our teeth on dirt :cheeky1:At 12 years old I was riding street bikes in the dirt that we striped down, because there were no dirt bikes:skipping:around. Wish I could come out but that would be one heck of a ride for me just to get there.:santawaving:
And I just tuned up my Honda 250. It runs like a top and starts first kick every time. However I am in the child shuffle business this week, going down Tuesday to get Nicole and bring her home, then back to college on Sunday.

It is January already? I must have been asleep, seem to have lost a month or two, this looks serious, I knew I had a brain disorder, but this looks like it is getting worse.
:) Kit
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
imported post

My first enduro was on an old Zundapp, the trail ran along the river from Chiang Mai. The snakes were mean and the gibbons would steal your chain links and the worst was the leech and mosquito bites.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
Most of us riders cut our teeth on dirt :cheeky1:At 12 years old I was riding street bikes in the dirt that we striped down, because there were no dirt bikes:skipping:around. Wish I could come out but that would be one heck of a ride for me just to get there.:santawaving:
And I just tuned up my Honda 250. It runs like a top and starts first kick every time. However I am in the child shuffle business this week, going down Tuesday to get Nicole and bring her home, then back to college on Sunday.

It is January already? I must have been asleep, seem to have lost a month or two, this looks serious, I knew I had a brain disorder, but this looks like it is getting worse.
:) Kit
You have got some time to get ready, race is on MLK weekend, Jan 17-18.

I'll probably show up there on the 15th, help with registration set-up, layout the kids grass track section, and attend to some long needed fireside chats with Evan Williams.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,502 Posts
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
Most of us riders cut our teeth on dirt :cheeky1:At 12 years old I was riding street bikes in the dirt that we striped down, because there were no dirt bikes:skipping:around. Wish I could come out but that would be one heck of a ride for me just to get there.:santawaving:
And I just tuned up my Honda 250. It runs like a top and starts first kick every time. However I am in the child shuffle business this week, going down Tuesday to get Nicole and bring her home, then back to college on Sunday.

It is January already? I must have been asleep, seem to have lost a month or two, this looks serious, I knew I had a brain disorder, but this looks like it is getting worse.
:) Kit
You have got some time to get ready, race is on MLK weekend, Jan 17-18.

I'll probably show up there on the 15th, help with registration set-up, layout the kids grass track section, and attend to some long needed fireside chats with Evan Williams.
Went and circled it on my calendar. Depends on the weather . I am a wuss, wasee' what ever you call it if it is cold. :) Kit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ok, we have the dates, now how about the location?
 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
I nick-named the section "The Vineyard", I expect it will produce many fine "wines" come January!
Are you sure it wasn't just Kudzu you were chopping instead of grapes? ;)

Sounds like a good time though. :)

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

lol J, nuthin but scuppernong...

BagM, google up Erhardt SC, a bit more than an hour SW of here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,509 Posts
imported post

Looks like it's West by Northwest of you on highway 64, just south of Bamberg.
 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
lol J, nuthin but scuppernong...
:) Had to look up scuppernong. Now I'm more edumacated. :dude:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top