If you look at your meter, if you have your meter set to DC mA, your leads should be in the COM and right hand mA plug. You have them in the COM and 10A socket, which is reserved for high current loads only. You have the blue mA symbol on the right hand socket, which corresponds to your meter setting. The left hand plug is only if you use the DC10A setting.
Be careful, that model meter only goes up to 200 mA in the right socket. So use the left socket and DC10A setting for anything above 200mA. So just set your dial to the DC10A setting for a true reading.
Manufacturers state 2 Amps per roll of 300 3528 LED's. Just wondering how you got it so low....
That's my point. And I kinda do play with a meter on a daily basis.
ok, so I derped. its in the details, ya? I know you know your stuff. I just wasnt seeing my error. Should have, for sure. This is my backup meter, was too lazy to limp out to the garage, although that is a lame excuse! The label is clear.
Ya got me again. lolz. Still aint bad... Reading .338 Amps. About 4 watts.
The original five incandescant, I think were 8 watts per, if I remember correctly. A good improvement.
How was getting the lense apart? Interested as I was going to do this project earlier this spring, but side tracked with other things right now. Even got a couple rolls of red 5050 leds too. I was not only wanting to do the sidelights, but also wanted to supplement the led brake bulbs I got now (with modulator) to increase braking visibility. Want to increase the visibility, got rear ended a couple years ago at a stop light by a college student ---- surprise surprise --- on her cell phone. Got the trunk brake / rear lenses out, but things looked a bit breakable. I suppose if I’d baked it, might have been easier, but backed off for now.
Well, top and bottom rear, and the amber sidelights are done.
The top lights were WAY glued together with a sticky gooey stuff. Patience got it apart. the front amber lights were together with what looked like cyanoacrylate type stuff. Again, patience. While the fronts were out, I added five single led's to the solid chrome area. 5mm led's, a resistor on each for 12v.
There are several options where you can say, run a strip of 5050 LED's at 6 volts for running lights, and then switch to 12V for brake lights. I'd say way too bright to run at 12V all the time unless you get far fewer LED's per meter.
You got 60 LED's per meter strip, but I have seen 30 to 120 LED's per meter strips too.