Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Where did you see the current draw figure? All the ones I have found for the same roll was much, much higher than that....

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
If you look at your meter, if you have your meter set to DC mA, your leads should be in the COM and right hand mA plug. You have them in the COM and 10A socket, which is reserved for high current loads only. You have the blue mA symbol on the right hand socket, which corresponds to your meter setting. The left hand plug is only if you use the DC10A setting.

Be careful, that model meter only goes up to 200 mA in the right socket. So use the left socket and DC10A setting for anything above 200mA. So just set your dial to the DC10A setting for a true reading.

Manufacturers state 2 Amps per roll of 300 3528 LED's. Just wondering how you got it so low....

That's my point. And I kinda do play with a meter on a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Most of the mods I have seen up to this point have been 2 row, but I'd like to see 3 row ones.

I have some white ABS sheets on order, I want all my running lights to be LED if possible. Not for saving power sake, but for the extra brightness!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
On the amber side LED's did you use 3528 or 5050 LED strips?

With the 5050's you can add a voltage splitter and turn them into dual level brightness for turn signals.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
5050 has triple the LED's in the same area, essentially. Great for stop lights, turn signals, etc...

http://www.articlesbase.com/electro...ce-between-smd-3528-and-5050-led-3224179.html

There are several options where you can say, run a strip of 5050 LED's at 6 volts for running lights, and then switch to 12V for brake lights. I'd say way too bright to run at 12V all the time unless you get far fewer LED's per meter.

You got 60 LED's per meter strip, but I have seen 30 to 120 LED's per meter strips too.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
And I learned that 3528 and 5050 refer to the size of the individual LED chip.

3.5mm by 2.8mm versus 5.0mm by 5.0mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.