Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You should always use leds that match the color of the lens... I used amber behind amber, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I like that, would work well for something I want to do, but question : once you make the cuts in the original tape, is there any problem in re-attaching wire leads ?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you've done any small soldering you will be ok. I used flux to prep the surfaces.

I mounted the strips on a backer so I could glue the wires in place to stabilize them once soldered.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
If you've done any small soldering you will be ok. I used flux to prep the surfaces.

I mounted the strips on a backer so I could glue the wires in place to stabilize them once soldered.
Thanks. Soldering not a problem, learned that years ago with knightkits !
That's going to be my fall project now.
Price is certainly right.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
You can also use a 100 OHM Resister, and 2-1 AMP Diodes on each light to make them dual purpose (Park/Brake, or Park/Turn Signal).

You would need one of these on each light to make it dual purpose. They cost under $1.50 each to make, or you can order them for $7.00 each.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.